Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Licences, new way to issue
thanh
Posted: Jun 14, 2018 - 09:41 am

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 3415

QUOTE (HardlyCore @ Jun 14, 2018 - 08:49 am)
QUOTE (xiaolu @ Jun 13, 2018 - 05:31 pm)
There are people who are living/staying (permanently or temporally) in relatively remote area (such as at a cottage/resort area) with NO internet access, and with no cellphone service/coverage. So sorry buying your fishing license online is then not an option!:-)

Living like this is a choice. These folks should be used to having to drive to get things done once in a while. I have no sympathy. Just jealousy! haha.

exactly. For these off the grid people they would today have to drive into town to get one and in the future would still have to drive into town to get one. So there is no real change/inconvenience in the way they get their licences today or the near future.

PMEmail Poster
nuzpaper
Posted: Jun 14, 2018 - 12:19 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 2396

QUOTE (thanh @ Jun 14, 2018 - 09:41 am)
QUOTE (HardlyCore @ Jun 14, 2018 - 08:49 am)
QUOTE (xiaolu @ Jun 13, 2018 - 05:31 pm)
There are people who are living/staying (permanently or temporally) in relatively remote area (such as at a cottage/resort area) with NO internet access, and with no cellphone service/coverage. So sorry buying your fishing license online is then not an option!:-)

Living like this is a choice. These folks should be used to having to drive to get things done once in a while. I have no sympathy. Just jealousy! haha.

exactly. For these off the grid people they would today have to drive into town to get one and in the future would still have to drive into town to get one. So there is no real change/inconvenience in the way they get their licences today or the near future.

If you are just temporally heading to a remote area then you would plan ahead. I permanently live in a remote area. 20 minute drive to town. No cell service, no TV ( well not completely true. Get one channel CTV2:( but still get internet through satellite. Most people who permanently live remote have internet nowadays. Not the best internet but we get it.

PMEmail Poster
Limacharley
Posted: Jun 14, 2018 - 12:36 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 11791

QUOTE (all nation @ Jun 13, 2018 - 07:05 am)
Mnr will change the way issuer do licences
Starting want in November 2018 MNR will take back their equipment from issuer (right now they supply everything)
They now want issuer like myself to:
buy our own Computer
buy our own printer-toner and paper and will give issuer a commission of 75 cent per item sold
To me it looks like they don't want small issuer to sell licence.
What do you think?

Retailers like you are not needed anymore. Computers are everywhere. You need to make a business decision that makes sense for you.
If offering the opportunity to someone that needs a license brings in sales of extra merchandise then go for it. Only you know if that holds true.

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
kingphoenix
Posted: Jun 14, 2018 - 12:41 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 10053

Just want to let people know i've successfully bought my license from Canadian tire and used a Gift card to pay for it.

Rexall periodically puts CT cards on sale for %10 off. Should work for hunting as well.

PMEmail Poster
Disco
Posted: Jun 14, 2018 - 02:05 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 10908

I feel for the really small shops that do sell licences in remote areas but I do have a question.

Are the computers and printers you now need to sell licences some kind of special unit? If not I would be shocked to find any business without a computer or printer.

PMEmail Poster
all nation
Posted: Jun 14, 2018 - 05:02 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 6503

The point is That up to now the mnr supplied everything and gave From 75 cents up to $2.25 commission per licence
As of November 2018 they take back all equipment and want issuer to get everything needed to issue licences and will pay a commission of only 75 cent
Right now the printer is compact and uses the yellow plastic rolls This takes very little room and there is no toner to change
their new way will cost us more than we make
I started selling licence because there are a lot of people with no access and or know how to self issue a licence and It never really made the store increase sales and now it will cost me $$ to sell we did it as an extra convenience for customers But IT can't go on
I told MNR no thank you
All Nation will stop selling licences as of September 30 2018

PMEmail Poster
Disco
Posted: Jun 14, 2018 - 07:20 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 10908

I see your Point All Nations but I also have seen many government services change to on line service as it costs them less money. I am sure there is a large dollar figure to their computer and printer investment they used to give out for free.

How about SIN numbers now that are not a card, just a printed piece of paper that your told not to lose.

Change unfortunately usually comes with some unhappy cocenquences. This seems to be the case this time for the smaller tackle shops that did sell licenses.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace