Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Mystery Tackle Box
Ice
Posted: May 23, 2018 - 09:46 pm

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 7713

Just signed up for the Mystery Tackle Box. Just wondering if anyone else on the board tried it out. Reviews look good. Will keep everyone posted once I receive the first package.

PMEmail Poster
mephisto_lake
Posted: May 24, 2018 - 04:53 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 11714

I think it's a great way to build a tackle collection, if you don't have a huge collection and you want to try and experience new lures, colours and techniques, your paying less than retail. If you have a refined collection I'd say random subscription based products are useless or at the very least there are much better and cheaper ways to buy specific items.

PMEmail Poster
ForrestGumpFishing
Posted: May 24, 2018 - 08:55 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 12707

It is certainly interesting to find new baits!

If you have alot of tackle I agree it could be a little much, I am beginning to have more plastics then I know what to do with.

I personally think the excitement of the box is worth it alone. I get giddy when the post office leaves a note on the door that there is a package

PMEmail Poster
GrandRiverWill
Posted: May 24, 2018 - 09:09 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 12632

The mystery part could be fun, but getting something you'd never use would be frustrating!

PMEmail Poster
kingphoenix
Posted: May 24, 2018 - 09:20 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 10053

Was great when i was new and had nothing, lets you learn new stuff, I have a ridiculous amount of plastics i've never used, but now i now i'd rather spend my $$ on the bait and colour i want.

PMEmail Poster
Mozzy
Posted: May 24, 2018 - 04:23 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 14350

I agree with everyone's comments on the plastics - I don't think I'll ever need to buy more.

I always found the bass boxes superior to the walleye. And occasionally you'll get some hybrid type lures. I was skeptical with some, but have found many work quite well.

PMEmail Poster
nooner
Posted: May 24, 2018 - 05:56 pm

Fry

Member No.: 862

I had a subscription for a few years and got a chance to try lots of different baits from different manufactures. I also have an unbelievable amount of plastic I got over the years. Unfortunately from what I understand is now they will only be providing baits from their own manufacture ( can't remember the name) which to me takes the mystery out of the whole deal. Still a good value for bulk tackle buying though.

PMEmail Poster
Donnydecent
Posted: May 25, 2018 - 05:55 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 10584

Personally I like mystery tackle box. You get some cool stuff and you also get weird junk or one single hook in a bag thrown in as one of the items. Itís fun to get the box and open up see whatís in there and use something you would never have bought in a store or thought about trying. After a few months you will have more stuff than you have room for in your your tackle storage and prob put your sub on hold.
Iíve got the walleye and the bass boxes regular and pro. As well Iíve tried the ice fishing boxes which are comprised mostly of perch and pan fish baits.
In the end itís fun if you have a couple bucks to throw around. You can also take the mystery out and order specific baits from their site especially good when they go on sale you add them to your existing box and donít have to pay extra shipping.

PMEmail Poster
Mozzy
Posted: May 25, 2018 - 06:41 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 14350

There's also a lot of youtube videos of people opening and discovering the contents of their boxes.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Marketplace