Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Floating debris
Dee004
Posted: May 12, 2018 - 08:39 am

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 12369

Hey guys. Is there still allot of debris floating around out on Simcoe and Cooks? I was told that after the wind storm last weekend there was quite a bit pushed back out. I only have my inflatable so I'm still a little leary on heading out. Don't feel like hitting something with a big spike sticking out of it. It would make for a real bad day lol. Cheers

PMEmail Poster
Wasagabeach
Posted: May 12, 2018 - 09:17 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 3362

I would be extra careful! I was in penetang and even though I was only going less than 10 kmh I hit a piece of dock that was partially submerged. It had a screw in it and I heard it scrape! I think it will still be a little while for most of the debris to be picked up or washed ashore. Ps. Still floating...

PMEmail Poster
Dee004
Posted: May 12, 2018 - 03:12 pm

Trophy Trout

QUOTE (Wasagabeach @ May 12, 2018 - 09:17 am)
I would be extra careful! I was in penetang and even though I was only going less than 10 kmh I hit a piece of dock that was partially submerged. It had a screw in it and I heard it scrape! I think it will still be a little while for most of the debris to be picked up or washed ashore. Ps. Still floating...

Thanks for the heads up. Cheers

PMEmail Poster
Fishing Rod
Posted: May 16, 2018 - 01:18 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 4539

There is a ton of stuff floating in Cooks. The storm brought up lots of dead heads.
So much debris on the shoreline that will keep getting pulled back in from the waves.

PMEmail Poster
Ice
Posted: May 18, 2018 - 01:21 pm

Fry

Member No.: 7713

All be safe this long weekend on the water.

PMEmail Poster
dollaBalla
Posted: May 18, 2018 - 10:37 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 16014

I have 15 foot inflatable boat and 10 hp engine. Saturday of last week I started at bridge and canal st and went up river to mouth of simcoe. Saw submerged stumps along the way and was careful. Nothing bad happened so you may be fine as long as you keep eye out.

PMEmail Poster
Dee004
Posted: May 19, 2018 - 09:24 am

Trophy Trout

Thanks for the replies guys. Will be heading out tomorrow. I'll just take it slow and keep a close eye on what's around floating or slightly submerged. Cheers

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace