Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Sault Ste. Marie fishing, Fishing tips
Huntress87
Posted: Sep 04, 2017 - 09:09 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 12711

Hey everyone,, I'm planning on heading up to Sault Ste. Marie the first week of October to target trout and salmon.. Its going to be a 9 hour drive me so I was hoping someone could help point me in the right direction and possibly give me a couple tips on the area and where to fish. I'll be float fishing and tossing spoons and help is appreciated... thanks 🎣

PMEmail Poster
Fossy47
Posted: Sep 05, 2017 - 06:23 am

Smolt Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 9546

Well, I was going to suggest the St. Mary's River, but not if you are 'float fishing'.
Possibly the Gouley River, just north of SSM.

PMEmail Poster
Brookie56
Posted: Sep 05, 2017 - 09:13 am

Parr Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 3537

The Soo rapids (near the locks) is an excellent place to float fish. The first week of October has been a bit of an in-between time for me there. Chinook and Pink Salmon will be wrapping up, and the Rainbows will be starting. Who knows though with the way the weather has been this year. You might also run into some Whitefish or an Atlantic.

Many rivers north of the Soo also have runs of fish. The Goulais (pronounced Gouley like Fossy said) and the Chippewa are the closest to the Soo. Good Luck!.

PMEmail Poster
Huntress87
Posted: Sep 05, 2017 - 03:54 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 12711

Thank you both for the info, I really appreciate the help.... I've been doing some of my own research but it's always best to hear from people that have been their before 😃

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Great Lakes
Fishing forum for the Great Lakes & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in the Great Lakes!

Marketplace