Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Berkley steps up to the plate...
SKRAMO
Posted: Jul 28, 2017 - 08:11 am

Smolt Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 3999

Just a quick little story..... I had purchased an electric fillet knife a year or so ago. It never really worked right from day one. One of the two blades didn't seem to go good. The other day, I figured, heck I should email the company and let them know. To my surprise, this is the reply I received from them below.

DISCLAIMER: No I am not trying to push Berkley products nor am affiliated with them (would be nice for them to sponsor me in a tourney ...lol), but just wanted to share and say it's nice to see a company these days stand behind their products for us fishermen.

Using an electric fillet knife is a game changer for me. So quick and easy! I will let someone else start that topic...lol.

Here is the reply:

Berkley has a long-standing reputation for producing the finest in fishing tackle and it is our goal to provide quality products that fishermen can use with confidence. We regret that you were dissatisfied with your purchase. We would like to replace your product for you, please send the product to the address below. We will enter a replacement order for you and ship it so please be sure to include a physical address.
Thanks again for contacting us and voicing your concerns.

Please send your product to:
Berkley Customer Service
7 Science Court
Columbia SC 29203

If you have further questions, please contact us anytime our customer service staff will be happy to assist you.

Best of luck in your fishing this season,

Berkley Customer Service
SG

PMEmail Poster
westarm
Posted: Jul 28, 2017 - 08:46 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 8318

nice to hear! so many companies these days really could care less about the end user and more about "how many bic lighters" they can sell to the supplier, then the ball gets left in their hands to either make the customer happy or tell them tough luck.
its good to know Berkley is solid. good for you!

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Jul 28, 2017 - 01:35 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 1282

Use a lot of Berkley products, nice to know they stand behind what they sell

PMEmail Poster
lund2342
Posted: Jul 28, 2017 - 06:50 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 5490

I recently had similar "GOOD" story with shimano. Broke my CI4 reel on body just below where it attaches to the rod. Blame it on a few too many wobbly pops. shipped it to Shimano Canada in Peterborough for estimate on repair and was shipped back to me repaired with no cost :

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: Jul 29, 2017 - 01:30 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

Good to hear companies are standing by their product.Goes a long ways.

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
scro1908
Posted: Jul 29, 2017 - 04:09 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 7035

QUOTE (lund2342 @ Jul 28, 2017 - 06:50 pm)
I recently had similar "GOOD" story with shimano. Broke my CI4 reel on body just below where it attaches to the rod. Blame it on a few too many wobbly pops. shipped it to Shimano Canada in Peterborough for estimate on repair and was shipped back to me repaired with no cost :

I live in Peterborough and know the service guys a little. They are awesome !!

Last year I took in some older Chronarchs approx 15 + yrs old. I figured it would be to costly to have them tuned up but thought I would ask. For $25 each they overhauled them and they are as good as new again.

PMEmail Poster
metalbuckle
Posted: Aug 01, 2017 - 06:13 am

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2

Sorry don't mean to hijack the post, I need a part for my shimano reel, reading about this, maybe the Peterborough location can help me.. Can someone PM me the contact email for them.

I need RD12847 for a shimano sedona 2500..

Thanks and great to hear about these companies who care about their customers and honour their products...

PMEmail Poster
lund2342
Posted: Aug 01, 2017 - 04:47 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 5490

http://fish.shimano.com/

Go to this website, click on support tab, then reel support or reel maintenance. I just printed out form and mailed reel in to the address. Was returned fixed.

Good luck

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace