Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> DEER TAGS
phillyb
Posted: Dec 28, 2017 - 08:25 am

Fry

Group: Members
Member No.: 8518

Does anyone know what happened this year with the draw for tags?

I hunt 85 and had no issue getting antlerless however every other hunter I talked to informed me their group got buck only tags.

A buddy out near London tells me his area last year allowed 4 surplus tags, antlered or antlerless (so 5 tags total) - this year 1 tag per hunter buck only!

What a huge swing! WHY?

I get conservation but maybe MNR was late on the trigger here?

I have noticed no change in deer pop. in my area and always fill out my questionnaire honestly.

PMEmail Poster
scottburgess14
Posted: Dec 28, 2017 - 08:59 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 12966

QUOTE (phillyb @ Dec 28, 2017 - 09:25 am)
Does anyone know what happened this year with the draw for tags?

I hunt 85 and had no issue getting antlerless however every other hunter I talked to informed me their group got buck only tags.

A buddy out near London tells me his area last year allowed 4 surplus tags, antlered or antlerless (so 5 tags total) - this year 1 tag per hunter buck only!

What a huge swing! WHY?

I get conservation but maybe MNR was late on the trigger here?

I have noticed no change in deer pop. in my area and always fill out my questionnaire honestly.

They've decreased the amount of additional tags in the 82 areas as well. For sure a decrease in numbers in 82B where I hunt. Doesn't help that the apple orchards have "nuisance" tags and have for years so they essentially get hunting parties to shoot the deer year round.

PMEmail Poster
nuzpaper
Posted: Dec 29, 2017 - 12:13 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 2396

Damn near impossible to get an antlerless tag where I hunt. One buck tag per season. No extras

PMEmail Poster
Buckmaster
Posted: Jan 03, 2018 - 07:14 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 3872

They removed additional Deer Tags in Zone # 80 as well. I seem to always get a Doe Draw for the Bow though?

I believe a lot of Reports are not filled out accurately and I also believe that the people responsible for making these decisions are not properly informed.

Other areas have additional Tags but it is almost impossible to get permission or find places to Hunt.

We quit Hunting 79C many years ago because of the harassment of Police and Citizens alike.

PMEmail Poster
scottburgess14
Posted: Jan 03, 2018 - 09:03 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 12966

We quit Hunting 79C many years ago because of the harassment of Police and Citizens alike..

We had a group of hunters get called out on trespassing and stuff by a land owner and they blew her off and kept on walking. The police were called. Should be interesting to see what happens when it comes to hunting with the hounds for coyotes this year and trying to grab the dogs on her property. Her house is in the middle of the concession with many hunters around so it will definitely be touch in go with the Police.

It's people like that though (hunters above) that make it tough to find new land access with the land being bought up from people in the city that only know hunters with no respect to property and or landowners.

PMEmail Poster
richyb
Posted: Jan 03, 2018 - 11:11 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 987

Maybe they want to save the deer to feed their precious Algonquin wolf. Its been a few years since my brother has got an archery doe tag in 76. Doe tags are getting scarce in area 49. Moose populations are crashing and deer are not doing very well in the northern wmu's yet the MNRF are banning wolf and coyote hunting. Some have already been closed and some more wmu's are on the chopping block. Seems like the tree huggers are winning the battle.

PMEmail Poster
Buckmaster
Posted: Jan 04, 2018 - 07:12 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 3872

It is like a losing Battle with the MNR. I call & e-mail them about certain issues and receive no logical explanation?

It is like the Steel vs Lead for Waterfowl. Banning Hunting for Wolves & Biscuit Eaters?

Moving Moose Calf Seasons up to a later date. etc?

I am an avid Outdoorsman and want to leave all my Hunting & Fishing places better then I found them but it is getting harder to do?

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Marketplace