» Fishing Forum
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Lake O !, Nautrek Sportfishing
Fishsniffer
Posted: Jun 04, 2018 - 06:50 am

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 1597

Headed out this Saturday June 2nd with Longshank(Captain Werner) and crew.

How we managed to stick with this day was incredible. The night before Werner flips me a call saying to slow down in the morning weathers not looking so good, looks like we might be able to get out for afternoon fish .

We end up making a decision to hit up a breakfast joint. While we were eating we received a phone call from a friend who asked what we were up too. We picked up Tony the sardine off the 407 to join our trip .

After a few good laughs making our way down we finally get to the dock all ready to head out for a fish . Werner comes out and tells us hang tight boys we’re not heading out just yet , still 3 footers out on the main lake .

We hang tight around the docks telling a few fish and hunting stories to pass the time . Good thing we had the right crew and attitude for this trip because of Mother Nature . Guys were really understanding with regards to the weather not being on our side . I tell you it was like one big tease leading up to hearing and seeing Werner run to the boat and say hurry up we’re going fishing .

We set off around 3 pm to finally get our lines in the water.
After a few change ups to figure out what the fishies like and some calm water it was game on .

Big thanks to Werner for making this trip happen and communication skills of slowing us down in the morning. Patients does pay off !!!
Guys and myself had a blast . Good laughs , good times , good memories we had . Makes for good times all around when the people,company and guide are good. Will be seeing you again my friend very soon !!!

Some pics to follow ...

PMEmail Poster
Fishsniffer
Posted: Jun 04, 2018 - 06:54 am

World Record Trout

Ohh and my arm is still bruised from that dam punisher rod .

Two lakers were tac drivers .

Pic with the boys

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Fishsniffer
Posted: Jun 04, 2018 - 06:58 am

World Record Trout

Weather calming down .

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Fishsniffer
Posted: Jun 04, 2018 - 06:59 am

World Record Trout

Beautifull eats for me and the wife .

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Ice
Posted: Jun 04, 2018 - 08:59 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 7713

Great looking fish and looks like a great meal to follow. Congratulations on your catch.

PMEmail Poster
sdcaller
Posted: Jun 04, 2018 - 09:13 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 67

Hey Dan & Company

Well done.

I hope to get my boat down to Lake O for a day later this month. I usually go to Bluffers, but never got there last year due to the closure because of the high water.

Ralph

PMEmail Poster
finsfurfeathers
Posted: Jun 04, 2018 - 09:56 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 656

QUOTE (sdcaller @ Jun 04, 2018 - 09:13 am)
Hey Dan & Company

Well done.

I hope to get my boat down to Lake O for a day later this month. I usually go to Bluffers, but never got there last year due to the closure because of the high water.

Ralph

Should see ya there than.
Last year had to go out of Ashbridges bay which is okay but often a tight squeeze there. Looking forward to the wide open spaces of Bluffers again.

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: Jun 04, 2018 - 03:47 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

Dan and crew........thanks for being patient and believing Two forecasts showed NE kickers all day at 25-35 and that was the case in the morning and my fav. site said it would be more than fishable by noon.......It was off by 2 hours bit it did knock down to nothing and so we headed out.

Now, nobody out there of course, so where did the fish move to? Most say deep. my records show not so.....so we zig zagged for a bit and then the depth and colors started fireing with a mixed bag of fish.

leadcore and riggers did most of the work Dipseys had some big shots, but nobody home

best lures were FAT Nancy and Yellow Killer and meat did hardly anything.

Fish were in a 2 mile stretch and following a lot
gave us the chance to have some great conversation and lots of laugh as the Punisher did most of crew in again.

pulled gear at 7.30 and did the fish and hit the dock for a cold one

Was really good to see you and spend a fun afternoon together and considering that front that went through you guys did well enough. Excellent job on the rods as well

Thank you

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
metalbuckle
Posted: Jun 05, 2018 - 06:21 am

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2

Very nice Dan, Werner and company..

Nice outing and fantastic report.. Thank-you!

Great read and very informative..

I agree the weather reports have been a little off lately, winds have been kicking it up again..

PMEmail Poster
stevepod
Posted: Jun 05, 2018 - 08:26 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 9154

Great report . Nice catch gentlemen. Sounds like an awesome day of fishing

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Great Lakes
Fishing forum for the Great Lakes & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in the Great Lakes!

Marketplace