» Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2 3 4   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What everyone’s favorite fishing store
Fishnhunt
Posted: May 23, 2018 - 08:36 pm

Smolt Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 15869

Epps in Orillia is my favourite store. They carry Kwik fish and egb’s which aren’t carried at the big stores.Friendly service and no lines and on the way to the cottage.

PMEmail Poster
owen21
Posted: May 23, 2018 - 09:11 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 4834

I am a big fan of Lambeth tackle near London. The owner is hands on a makes his customers know that their business is important.
Its important that we all support the little guy. Biz is tough and the on line biz is making it tougher.
I am always disappointed going into BP and Cabelas. Poor service and the selection is not what it should be. Angling sports is also a good choice in the London area.

PMEmail Poster
Mozzy
Posted: May 23, 2018 - 09:33 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 14350

I have to say I enjoy the experience of going to Bass Pro the most.

I also have a subscription to Mystery Tackle Box - it comes from the states and often includes stuff I may not ever see north of the border.

PMEmail Poster
Grandpa Jim
Posted: May 24, 2018 - 07:03 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 5550

I'm pleasantly surprised to see a good number of members supporting Bass Pro. My experiences with Bass Pro often resulted in frustration over staff being less than knowledgeable about reels and electronics. I find BP's web site and flyers with prices in $U.S. to be a pita.
Sail staff were always well informed and helpful.
I have found Cabela's in Barrie to be very professional. Staff I've dealt with their know their products and take sufficient time to fully explain the positives and negatives concerning potential purchases. Their return policies are outstanding.

Having said that - the Bait Bucket in Barrie offers excellent advice and products. Tom goes out of his way to assist. Epps staff are also great. Supporting local shops is often a win/win situation as these stores are staffed with employees/owners who have a thorough understanding of the local seasonal fisheries and a willingness to take the time to fully inform customers of the current techniques and lures that are proving most successful.

PMEmail Poster
chazD
Posted: May 24, 2018 - 07:27 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 11172

Bills Bait and Tackle in Hamilton. They have everything I need and don't need lol. If there is something want and they don't have It, they will get it for me. Great bunch of Guys work there.👍

PMEmail Poster
thanh
Posted: May 24, 2018 - 07:56 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 3415

BassPro and Cabelas. Same company at the end of the day. They will one day eventually merge their brands, suppliers and policies.

I hope this merge will help with BPS online shopping for Canadians as it is currently all USD and Cabelas is available in CAD.

PMEmail Poster
SD CHEWIE
Posted: May 24, 2018 - 10:01 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 3680

QUOTE (chazD @ May 24, 2018 - 09:27 am)
Bills Bait and Tackle in Hamilton. They have everything I need and don't need lol. If there is something want and they don't have It, they will get it for me. Great bunch of Guys work there.👍

Bill's Bait in Hamilton also. Great store, great service, and great people.

PMEmail Poster
Sneaky Pete
Posted: May 24, 2018 - 11:04 am

Fry

Member No.: 2920

Angling Outfitters in Woodstock.
Jos offers very competitive pricing and tons of knowledge if you need help.

PMEmail Poster
metalbuckle
Posted: May 24, 2018 - 01:42 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2

Basspro... and Gagnons

But I generally never ask anyone for guidance or advise, as I usually know exactly what I want to buy.. I only ask when I can't find something.. Sometimes that's the biggest chore.

I will admit I like the scenery at Basspro, though.. Nice fishing / hunting lodge feeling..

PMEmail Poster
nuzpaper
Posted: May 24, 2018 - 02:58 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 2396

I like to walk around BP when I get a chance to go there but their service sucks. Was looking at a gun that was on sale in the flyer. Called the day the sale started to make sure it was in stock and was told it wasn't and the guy immediately tried to up sell me to a different one. Annoyed that a flyer item wasn't in stock the day it went on sale I emailed the manager. Sure enough I received an email back that day saying the item is in stock and to come by and pick it up. Bait and switch. Purchased the item from Sail. I'm out of the GTA now and living in a remote area so the closest place is about 20K away. Local small shop but has everything you need for tackle and live bait and offers taxidermy service. There is a CT in town but doesn't offer live bait.

PMEmail Poster
pandakiller
Posted: May 24, 2018 - 10:38 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 13176

bills in hamilton is great and the neighbours are always strangely so friendly
but i like epps its closer as for the big three cabelas has what bass pro doesn't and vice versa ive never been to sail gannon's in whitby has a lot of hard to find stuff too

PMEmail Poster
juicemanfta
Posted: May 25, 2018 - 09:53 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 8279

I find Cabela’s have more deals than most others stores. I am in the market for Mojo Bass and Cabela’s don’t carry it. Not sure why they don’t…Anyone knows where I can get the Mojo Bass Casting Rod for a good price?

PMEmail Poster
colanut
Posted: May 25, 2018 - 11:23 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 14818

I am a fan of Gagnons in Oshawa. I go to Sail way too much, probably every couple of weeks. If I am travelling around, I will go to Trombleys in Orillia, or Bass Pro. I prefer the local stores, as their knowledge and selection usually matches what people are having success with in the same area. But if it's on sale, I can be swayed to make a purchase of "I only need a couple of things").

PMEmail Poster
sabby
Posted: May 25, 2018 - 06:47 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 9998

Gagnons, East Hill and Fishing World are my favourites.

Of the three you listed Sail would be my go to. I want my money staking in as Canada as much as possible.

PMEmail Poster
basstard
Posted: May 25, 2018 - 07:10 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 8583

Sail is good for small items on sale, but you really have to watch for more expensive items and no return / warranty because some things they will scam you. Beware!

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace