» Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2 3 4   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What everyone’s favorite fishing store
longfish
Posted: May 25, 2018 - 09:41 pm

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 10648

QUOTE (300 @ May 23, 2018 - 08:04 pm)
Trombleys

X2

PMEmail PosterYahoo
FishingChef
Posted: May 26, 2018 - 05:49 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 15394

Bass pro even though it is a pain in the butt to find parking at Vaughan Mills a lot of the times lol....even driving out of it

PMEmail Poster
inspectorb
Posted: May 27, 2018 - 02:42 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 3565

Elwood Epps, friendly, knowledgeable and great selection and prices.. never miss the opportunity to stop when I’m in the area!

PMEmail Poster
mastercaster1
Posted: May 28, 2018 - 06:21 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 11395

I shop all three mostly online. I live in downtown Toronto and the closest I can get to one of the big three is the Sail store in Oshawa on the way to the cottage. I will also get Canadian Tire to price match the other stores if I find what I need in stock.

I used to frequent Le Baron a lot back in the day when it was at Finch/Yonge and then Woobine/Steeles, but that was when traffic was manageable lol!

PMEmail Poster
thrillhouse
Posted: Jun 02, 2018 - 10:00 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 3420

Just a reminder bait bucket in Barrie has a store wide sale this weekend!

He's pushing bass gear this weekend and a soft opening for his new kayak/paddleboard shop

PMEmail Poster
sabby
Posted: Jun 02, 2018 - 12:43 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 9998

QUOTE (mastercaster1 @ May 28, 2018 - 06:21 am)
I shop all three mostly online. I live in downtown Toronto and the closest I can get to one of the big three is the Sail store in Oshawa on the way to the cottage. I will also get Canadian Tire to price match the other stores if I find what I need in stock.

I used to frequent Le Baron a lot back in the day when it was at Finch/Yonge and then Woobine/Steeles, but that was when traffic was manageable lol!

I would think the Etobicoke sail would be definitively close to downtown.

PMEmail Poster
CousinHippy
Posted: Jun 03, 2018 - 09:45 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 8483

QUOTE (inspectorb @ May 27, 2018 - 02:42 pm)
Elwood Epps, friendly, knowledgeable and great selection and prices.. never miss the opportunity to stop when I’m in the area!

Hahahaha friendly...camt say I have had that experience. Have found some deals there though. My favourite is probably Canadian tire but of the 3 in the original list I would go with carbelas

PMEmail Poster
mastercaster1
Posted: Jun 04, 2018 - 09:45 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 11395

QUOTE (sabby @ Jun 02, 2018 - 12:43 pm)
QUOTE (mastercaster1 @ May 28, 2018 - 06:21 am)

I would think the Etobicoke sail would be definitively close to downtown.

You would think so but trying to get there from Yonge and Bloor with traffic these days is insane. The cottage is on Stoney Lake North East of Peterborough so I pass right by the Oshawa Sail store and stop when I can.

PMEmail Poster
deerhunter
Posted: Jun 04, 2018 - 10:38 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 10322

I have to say my favorite fishing store is Bass Pro. It used to be Le Barons in Mississauga because I lived so close to it. I would visit it 2 or 3 time a week. Knew all the employees. But now I have to say it is BP for fishing. Strangely enough. my favorite hunting store is Cabelas in Barrie. I have spent a lot of time, and dollars, on hunting supplies and firearms at Cabelas in Barrie. I also like Al Flarhety's in Toronto. It small but packs in a lot of supplies and has a very excellent, helpful and knowledgeable staff.

PMEmail Poster
phatfishindaddy
Posted: Jun 04, 2018 - 12:15 pm

Alevin

Member No.: 15887

mine is bass pro then sail then amazon

PMEmail Poster
Getin
Posted: Jun 04, 2018 - 02:04 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 3407

Does anyone compare the prices? i found for most items I buy (line, jigs, ) basspro is like 30% more expensive than Sail so for me, Sail comes first unless they do not carry the item I need

PMEmail Poster
all nation
Posted: Jun 11, 2018 - 05:02 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 6503

My favorite fishing shop is All Nation Fishing in Toronto
Open early at 530 am on weekdays and at 4 on weekend
The owner will beat any competitor price on any rod reel & great price on lures and plastics
The store is packed with all kind of great stuff All at Flexible prices
Where can you buy a Shimano crucial 7.3 for $125.99?
Where can you Buy 3 lucky Craft lure for $40.00
where can you buy Zoom Bass magic berkely power bait Plastics 3 for $15.00?
St Croix rods ? great price
Plus they sell Live bait too ...some people say the best in GTA (check goggle reviews)
....and Fishing & hunting Licence

All Nation fishing Waiting to be discovered

PMEmail Poster
bigdan27
Posted: Jun 15, 2018 - 05:04 pm

Alevin

Member No.: 16089

Al Flaherty's in Toronto....I'll second that..;^)

PMEmail Poster
Dangerfield
Posted: Jul 16, 2018 - 03:11 pm

Alevin

Member No.: 16156

1st and foremost I use Tackle Warehouse as a point of reference for tackle review, colour selection and what's new/popular. If it's in budget, I'll place an order, typically in the winter time once everything from the iCast has been loaded on their site.

Online retailers - eBay takes the cake and I avoid Amazon like the plague. If you're savvy, ebay is an excellent choice, you can find great deals with certain tackle stores. PM for the best option with no customs surprise at the front door. I've bought reels, tackle etc.

Big Box: I live in Barrie so Cabela's is my go-to as it's the biggest and offers the best selection in my area. I will go to Crappy but it's usually not a consideration unless I find an item I want on sale like braid/fluoro line or Zoom baits. Only Crappy has them. BassPro is Cabela's on sterorids, but the kicker is they carry almost 80% of the exact same baits etc but they'll have a deeper colour and weight selection. The other 20% can be golden for some good American brands like River2Sea, Spro, spec. Abu Garcia rods etc. but I find they don't carry any Daiwa reels which is a damn shame. SAIL has a great offering and I wish they were closer, they carry the top shelf JDM brands like Megabass, maybe not their entire product line or rods etc. but they bring it in.. I can't say the same for Cabela's, BPS, Crappy.

Ma N' Pa shops: True North (88 and Yonge) has a good selection of baits, with little cross over with the big boxes. He's got Duo Realis, YoZuri, and a few other unique offerings. Also, they've got no name blanks and a few unique products from yesteryear. I've seen Daiwa Aird rods in there for $50 right beside the Berkley Lighting rods. Pro J's (3467 Sheppard Ave E) in Scarborough is the BEST tackle shop in Toronto - they sponsor many pro's and have the product to back it up. They carry the BIG brands, Megabass, Duo, Lucky Craft, Dobyns, Keitech, Missile Baits, Net Baits, Jackall, Spro, I could be here all day. No website but try their FB page for product updates. They have friendly knowledgeable staff that can help you through the purchasing process. If you're lucky a pro will be there to give you his advice too.

TLDR: PM me.

PMEmail Poster
ForrestGumpFishing
Posted: Jul 16, 2018 - 04:58 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 12707

All three are about the same distance from me and I have historically been more to Bass Pro as I can fit it into work trips
I find pass pro employees not every helpful, while cabelas are more hit and miss. While Sail the person working has always been good.
Ma and Pa I haven't had a bad experience at any of them.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace