Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Mystery Tackle Box Pro, May 2018 Box
evanxrs
Posted: Jun 05, 2018 - 11:50 am

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 2190

So I was talking with a buddy and was very happy with his Mystery Tackle Box Pro. He has receive a lot of high end lures and good lures he uses. So I thought well it is like a magazine subscription, but those magazines are just shelved or end up in recycling where as I can use the lures or sell them as new if I think I will never use them. Also, is a fun thing to receive in the mail.

So I got my May box. Took a week but very happy with the lures and will use / try most if not all.

I got it for $25 a month using a discount code. and did a little cost comparison. See the photo's. I got good value for my $25.

Attached Image
Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
RCRward
Posted: Jun 05, 2018 - 01:14 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 9845

Nice Haul!

I subscribe to Mystery tackle box a couple years ago and found the first few boxes to be a great value. In the end I started getting to much stuff I wont use and ended my subscription.

Have fun trying everything out!

PM
Ice
Posted: Jun 05, 2018 - 01:17 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 7713

Nice looking collection.

PMEmail Poster
mephisto_lake
Posted: Jun 05, 2018 - 04:48 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 11714

I gotta say I don't like the comparison to full price. That's unrealistic at least from my point of view and how I buy tackle. The other is price versus desire if all things were equal, but the reality is do you really want everything in that box equally bad? Personally I like the lipless, popper and jerk, the rest would probably sit in the pile of tackle I already have so I can't add a fair market value to the remaining items, because they like everything else are only worth what someone is willing to pay.

I would value your box at 6,99, 6.99 10.99 and $5 for misc = 29.997 usd Then I would take 20%-30% off that number because I don't buy things at full price and we have $20.97

I't's hard to put a $$$ value on colour and size and not being able to choose your preferred choice.

Certainly by no means a bad investment, but a more realistic one.

This is my view point, everyone is in a different position, but from where I am at that's how I look at the box and for me i'ts value is about $20.97 usd for other people maybe it's $100 usd

PMEmail Poster
evanxrs
Posted: Jun 07, 2018 - 09:51 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 2190

Again.
Your opinion.
I will likely use everything. The only think i might not use and sell would be the deep diving bait, but I love those colors and are my go to so I wil surely use it.
I love the worms & the colors are awesome. the value of the box is still the retail value, and if I dont want something I can easily trade or sell it.
Ill see what next month brings.

PMEmail Poster
GrandRiverWill
Posted: Jun 07, 2018 - 10:16 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 12632

Not to beat ya up, but you got a bunch of stuff that barely sells at sale price, yet alone retail..
The mystery/surprise factor makes it fun but not for me.

GRW

PMEmail Poster
zuperalexu
Posted: Jun 07, 2018 - 02:11 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 7874

I was also subscribed to Mystery Tackle Box and to another one (that went into bankruptcy right after I paid for the whole year of boxes and only received two)...

I have to say that I did get some lures that you can't find anywhere else and some of them proved to be real gems. On the other hand, like everyone else was saying there were quite a few lures that I never ended up using (maybe I will some day)...

Anywho - I did stop the subscriptions as I have way to much tackle already and you can ask Dale (DB) - you only need a white or chartruse crappie tube to catch all the species...

I'm tempted to get a box here and there, once in a while though. Hoping to land another gem of a lure

PMEmail Poster
spooner
Posted: Jun 07, 2018 - 04:45 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 778

Zuperalexu, which tackle subscription box went bankrupt?

PMEmail Poster
zuperalexu
Posted: Jun 10, 2018 - 01:52 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 7874

QUOTE (spooner @ Jun 07, 2018 - 04:45 pm)
Zuperalexu, which tackle subscription box went bankrupt?

It was one called TackleGrab. They did grab my money as after the bankruptcy the court awarded be $1 and a few cents back which I have not received yet LOOOL

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace