Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Staging salmon
Chris kast
Posted: Aug 09, 2017 - 09:12 am

Parr Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 13495

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone has noticed any heavy staging of salmon at the harbours that creeks and rivers flow into. I know this is when it starts to heat up for chucking spoons at night. I would like to get some of that action. Any input would be great.

Thanks, Chris

PMEmail Poster
Originalfive
Posted: Aug 09, 2017 - 10:37 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 10835

I'm sure there will be a few salmon cruising the mouth at night time. If you can wait a few more weeks then for sure you'll be able to hook up then. I know there is people out trying at night now and they probably landed a few but won't say a thing to keep the crowds away. If you really want to know then I suggest you take a drive and find out for yourself that way you'll know if its worth to keep trying or just wait it out. Good luck!

PM
salmonslayer
Posted: Aug 10, 2017 - 05:32 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 7193

Was out two weekends ago water temp was 70 last week after storm water temp was 49 so lake might have flipped another 2-3 weeks and there should be lots starting to make thier way havent caught many starting to change colour yet seen one or two people off the mouth or river in morning when heading out but they said no luck yet. Tight lines

PMEmail Poster
Sherlockbonez
Posted: Aug 11, 2017 - 05:45 am

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 13678

Heard they started changing colors few weeks ago out in the lake.

PMEmail Poster
HuskyMusky
Posted: Aug 24, 2017 - 12:04 pm

Fry

Member No.: 11716

Just starting to cool off enough now for the main run......IMHO

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Great Lakes
Fishing forum for the Great Lakes & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in the Great Lakes!

Marketplace