Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Nautrek Experience, Fun day out with Longshank
Fish4Dinner
Posted: Aug 27, 2017 - 06:45 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 26

It finally happen! Been trying to get out with Longshank for years and this year we really had to put in the effort. Longshank and I were going back and froth for months on dates and early season the dates we had turn out to be bad weather. Today was our last chance and the wait was worth it! Heading out just before 7am. I took 3 rookies who never been on a charter. Within minutes fish on... even with all the instructions Longshank provided before hooking up. The first rookie made a big mistake and played the fish like fishing bass. Lol... fish off... see ya! After that I guess they started to take the advice seriously. No more then 10 mins later... second one comes on and gets landed. Again no more then 15 mins after setting back up the second one gets boated. The third one came shortly after and was landed by the first rookie who didn't follow instruction... he redeemed himself. Finally I get a turn on the reel and land a nice silver one! Wow what a day!

Thank you Longshank!

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Fishchaser67
Posted: Aug 28, 2017 - 07:01 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 4782

Glad you finaly made it out ..nice looking fish ..congrats ...

PMEmail Poster
thanh
Posted: Aug 28, 2017 - 10:34 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 3415

Thanks Longshank for taking us out. It was a great experience.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
metalbuckle
Posted: Aug 28, 2017 - 01:33 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2

Very nice fish, well done!

Looks and sounds like a blast...

I am glad you were able to hook-up with Werner..

Top-notch charter with a top-notch guy..

Thanks for the report...

PMEmail Poster
VBB
Posted: Aug 28, 2017 - 08:07 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 9650

Nice Man! Mr.Shank delivers once again!

PMEmail Poster
spooner
Posted: Aug 30, 2017 - 06:59 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 778

This is called spoon feeding LOL nice job folks

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Aug 30, 2017 - 02:00 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1282

A trip worth waiting for by the sounds of it, nice fish in those pictures for sure, glad it all worked out for you and your group F4D

Way to get these members on the fish shank, you rule

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: Sep 05, 2017 - 11:26 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

Thanks for the great report F4D and it was an epic effort on your end to finally make this trip happen

I think we started off with a May 7th date or close to that....Sundays this year were just tough to get out and I had one left as mentioned and we took advantage of it.

Good things happen to good people as I took a chance that morning and set up way off form the previous day where we did just fine. Was a good choice as the temps had bounced like crazy and there they were,stacks of kings and nobody around for miles

You guys all did great and losing the first one is not unusuall at all especially if not done before. These are powerefull fish and you cannot stop them nor horse them in. It is all about tecnique and your left arm

This was great fishing until 10 am with 4 in the boat, 2 lost and a few knockofss and or zippers on dipseys. Then that NE wind kicked up and they shut down. I was too far away to get into shaker and bows even tho we did one tack out deep and marked zilch!

Couldn't have happened to a nicer group of guys. I thoroughly enjoyed the day and a lot af great talks and laughs by all

thanh, you are my hero buddy...wtg! Next time bring a bigger cooler though I would be more than happy to get all of you out again next year!
I know what you want to catch and we can do that just earlier in year.

For my 20th season, this was the perfect way to end it. Yup I am done for the year since those fish are all up now and I want more cottage time.

Again guys, Thank you for making my season

PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Great Lakes
Fishing forum for the Great Lakes & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in the Great Lakes!

Marketplace