Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Moira river?
CousinHippy
Posted: Aug 30, 2017 - 10:03 am

Adult Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 8483

Hey everyone. I will be passing throught Belleville for work this weekend and staying at the comfort Inn I believe on Sunday night. On Google Earth it appears there is a park right across the road that's right on the river near the bell st bridge I believe. I was wondering if anybody knew whether or not there's a place to shore cast from that park? I know I am being pretty specific on the location but a public park in the middle of a city isn't exactly a secret...I am just wondering if there are no fishing signs all through the park or any special exceptions for the dams that look to be around there. I couldn't find anything stating fish sanctuary for this time of year in the regs or on f.o.l. but I thought some local info may be wise to seek since I will have very limited time there. Thanks and tight lines. Ps I am open to pm''s if anybody has any juicy info for me they don't want public. Thanks again!!

PMEmail Poster
mephisto_lake
Posted: Aug 31, 2017 - 04:40 am

Fry

Member No.: 11714

I would suggest fishing near the herchimer street boat launch, or if intent on fishing the moira river some people at work have pulled out some big muskie and pike north of the 401 near harmony road, or highway 37 where it intersects at o'briens bridge. I don't think any of these areas are great but from my understanding these are the standard spots fishing the river.

PMEmail Poster
gaspumper
Posted: Aug 31, 2017 - 06:02 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 128

There is a Rd called Station St. east and south of comfort inn,people fish south of the Lott Dam off Station St.

PMEmail Poster
CousinHippy
Posted: Sep 06, 2017 - 10:35 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 8483

Thanks everybody for your replies it turns out I was way too crazy busy all weekend to wet a line...this weekend has me heading up to Sudbury, Elliot Lake, Blind River and Thessalon so I don't care what work says I will be making time to fish!

PMEmail Poster
pickerel24
Posted: Sep 07, 2017 - 08:08 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 8214

HEAR! HEAR! I AGREE. WORK CAN WAITE. FISHING IS CALLING YOU GO FOR IT LOL

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Great Lakes
Fishing forum for the Great Lakes & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in the Great Lakes!

Marketplace