Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> its dedicated gator weekend, chores done! fishin time
westarm
Posted: Jun 21, 2017 - 09:23 pm

Adult Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 8318

got some friends and family coming up for a fishing weekend, lines in the water Thursday to sunday. hope to post some good results!

cheers all. hope to get some pics to share

PMEmail Poster
Antique Fisherman
Posted: Jun 22, 2017 - 06:31 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 7133

Good luck westarm

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Jun 22, 2017 - 02:45 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1282

Looking forward to your reports westarm..........tight lines

PMEmail Poster
westarm
Posted: Jun 28, 2017 - 10:25 am

Adult Trout

hi all! well I can start out by saying the 5 days of fishing turned out to be less time on the water than I hoped for. the rain was relentless and quite frankly many times it was just flat out uncomfortable to be out. pouring and thunder and lightening were on and off all weekend. we made the best of it.

Thursday ended up a write off. I had some company I haven't seen for a year so the drinks started flowing and NONE of us were going to be driving a boat. we did get a undersized walleye about 16" and 2 small gators off the dock just monkeying around.

Friday we got our bearings straight loaded up the boats. there was my buddy and myself in one boat and 2 fishing greenies in another boat who stayed close to camp all weekend. the other 5 don't fish and for them its all about golf {they did suffer the consequences of the weather as well}

strange but good summed up the fishing. we were going say 1-2 hours with 0 hits then all of a sudden we would nail 2 in one area. then we would go for an hour and get 3 on 5 casts. it was slightly bizarre. but not complaining it was much like someone would turn the "switch" on and get you pumped then shut it off. on a scale of terrible to fantastic I would call the bite good. I am sure the volatile weather was to blame, here is how we did.....

I do have some pics but not uploaded yet, I will add them, we targeted gators 100 percent of the time and got about 20, nothing huge but a number of decent fish. 4lbs 2oz was the biggest, 2 in the 3.5 range, 2 in the 3 range, several between 2-2.5 and a few hammer handles.

I would like to add something here as well, as I said earlier we targeted pike the ENTIRE time and I would like to defend some of the earlier threads that have been posted. we caught an OVER ABUNDANCE of smallies!! we actually hit more smallmouth than pike, I have never ever had this happen when I have been targeting pike. we got smallmouth from 12 inches to 3.5lbs regularly everyday, in fact about 15 even got away including 1 largemouth upon breaking the water. it was quite exciting with all the jumps.

having said this all I would like to say the SMALLMOUTH are everywhere, there is no "avoiding them" even on bucktails and large spinnerbaits.

out of the entire weekend we kept 2 pike to eat, returned everything else caught. had a pile of laughs and got out when we could. we made the best out of a pretty crappy 5 days of weather, thanks for the best wishes. good luck all, we are just getting started, cheers!!!

PMEmail Poster
Paddy
Posted: Jun 28, 2017 - 01:40 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 4885

That's a great report westarm. Reports like yours sure help pass the time when you're trapped behind a desk waiting for the long weekend to arrive. Thanks for posting.

PMEmail Poster
westarm
Posted: Jun 28, 2017 - 02:31 pm

Adult Trout

QUOTE (Paddy @ Jun 28, 2017 - 02:40 pm)
That's a great report westarm. Reports like yours sure help pass the time when you're trapped behind a desk waiting for the long weekend to arrive. Thanks for posting.

np paddy

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Jun 28, 2017 - 02:35 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1282

Trips like these aren't always about the fishing, even though it sounds like the fishing was decent enough, getting together with friends and sharing some good times and laughs are what it is all about. Great report westarm

PMEmail Poster
westarm
Posted: Jun 28, 2017 - 03:04 pm

Adult Trout

QUOTE (FatRap @ Jun 28, 2017 - 03:35 pm)
Trips like these aren't always about the fishing, even though it sounds like the fishing was decent enough, getting together with friends and sharing some good times and laughs are what it is all about. Great report westarm

so, so true my friend!!

when you can get together its great! when you can get together somewhere like this its even better! every year we talk about the year before and the year before etc. next year will be no exception. cheers FatRap

PMEmail Poster
westarm
Posted: Jun 28, 2017 - 03:06 pm

Adult Trout

just over 4lbs

PMEmail Poster
westarm
Posted: Jun 28, 2017 - 03:07 pm

Adult Trout

hard to believe its summer. lol

PMEmail Poster
westarm
Posted: Jun 28, 2017 - 03:09 pm

Adult Trout

about an hour after this it was pouring rain on us, lol

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace