Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> French River - Aug 20th weekend, Video link below
Hexilar
Posted: Aug 22, 2017 - 09:56 am

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 8029

We booked this camping/Fishing trip at the French river to get away from the big smoke. Last year we fished pine Bay Area by meeshaw falls and this year we decided (after watching the fishTV guys) to explore the wolsley Bay Area. We ventured just over to the five finger rapids area. It rained and rained, but we were prepared with our rain gear. The slot limit there makes it a little challenging for a fish fry, however we did get a whole bunch of 12-14 inch smallies and walleye. Although tasty, we opted to put all our fish back this weekend. Rain was a bit of a factor. Lol. Yeah I know.....We didn't get any big fish, but it was a ton of much needed clean fun.

I also decided to take a crack at putting a YouTube video together and start a channel. That's right, I'm gonna be rich and famous. Lol. J/k. I didn't have much footage to work with, was an after thought... Hope you enjoy.

https://youtu.be/J9DT4ui2qaI

This post has been edited by Hexilar on Aug 24, 2017 - 09:19 am

PMEmail Poster
Antique Fisherman
Posted: Aug 22, 2017 - 09:39 pm

Adult Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 7133

Hexilar, great video, looks like everyone had a good time

PMEmail Poster
kokemachine
Posted: Aug 23, 2017 - 09:24 am

Parr Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 4328

Looks like a good trip. How big was the pike?

PMEmail Poster
Hexilar
Posted: Aug 23, 2017 - 04:53 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 8029

With a young family - fish or no fish, rain or shine - just good to be out and wet a line, let alone a weekend camp to boot.

We didn't measure/weigh the pike (wasn't a giant) - it definitely looks bigger in the photo...

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace