Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Motor problems, DOH!
pandakiller
Posted: Aug 16, 2017 - 09:56 pm

Smolt Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 13176

QUOTE (nuzpaper @ Aug 16, 2017 - 12:25 pm)
I'm having the same issue with a 50hp merc. Cutting out when hitting full RPMs. Noticed it was leaking gas out of a small hole in the back of the engine that might be a drainage hole. Still can't find the main leak though. Life gets in the way and haven't had a chance to put the time in. Are you leaking gas at all? Mine is coming out of a small hole below the trim switch. Have a thread about it a few threads down.

is it carb of f/i ?

PMEmail Poster
AlconaKevin
Posted: Aug 28, 2017 - 08:51 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 1397

SO...

Took it to local marine shop and though did not get it back in time for cottage, they did end up replacing gas line, it was like 20 years old and found a leak in my oil line as well.

Not had a chance to test, but makes sense.

$400.

PMEmail Poster
remi
Posted: Aug 31, 2017 - 08:40 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 7641

Ouch, $ 400 bucks, oh well you know what boat means? Bust out another thousand !

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
alexc
Posted: Sep 22, 2017 - 11:00 am

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 14572

it could be water in fuel.

PMEmail Poster
BlackCrowe13
Posted: Sep 22, 2017 - 07:40 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 9047

Might seem too simple, but check your kill switch. I was having stalling issues for a while when I turned... very strange. Ended up adjusting my kill switch and has run perfect ever since. After checking all the usual suspects 5 times over, I found the simple thing was the actual problem!

Sometimes the most compilatied problem has the most obvious solution. Good luck!

PMEmail Poster
AlconaKevin
Posted: Sep 24, 2017 - 09:10 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 1397

Follow up...boat runs great. I can see and feel the difference in the connections. HUH who knew a 20 year old fuel ine would not work as well as a new one. Go figure.
I think the oil leak was a future breakdown averted.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace