Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> [Saturdady Sept 30] Kayak fishing for laker, (last day of the season)
xiaolu
Posted: Sep 30, 2017 - 05:29 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 50

Arrived at the BBP launch by 6:30AM this morning. Wind tooooooooooooooo strong! There was simply no way I could launch and paddle my kayak at all. Left and headed to Tim Hortons, Canadian Tire and then MEC in Barrie to kill the time. Then returned to the launch/shore at 11:00AM. Wind finally "slowed" down a bit, so off I went on my kayak. Landed a small laker just over 4LB I think. Called it a day (and the SEASON) at 4:00PM

Sadly, my next Simcoe laker fishing would be on ice next year.

Attached Image

Attached Image

PMEmail PosterYahoo
mydogbites
Posted: Sep 30, 2017 - 06:15 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 414

James thanks for all your reports, you had a great season. How many did you end up catching? and what was your biggest.

PMEmail Poster
xiaolu
Posted: Sep 30, 2017 - 06:22 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (mydogbites @ Sep 30, 2017 - 06:15 pm)
James thanks for all your reports, you had a great season. How many did you end up catching? and what was your biggest.

I just checked my log, with this Lake Simcoe laker season from mid May this year til today (including more than 3 weeks when I was out of town on vacation in China), I fished off BBP on my kayak 22 times: skunked 2 times, and landed laker and/or whitefish (mostly laker) 20 times. I think I landed around or over 30 lakers, and 7 or 8 whitefish (early in the season in May/June) in total this season. And the biggest laker is around or close to 20LBs. (Didn't catch any whitefish since July I think. Go figure!)

PMEmail PosterYahoo
Elrik
Posted: Sep 30, 2017 - 06:33 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 5165

Those are some great numbers for the season James! Thanks so much for sharing your outings. Looking forward to the hard water reports in the new year. For now we will see you out on the perch grounds I am sure.

PMEmail Poster
xiaolu
Posted: Sep 30, 2017 - 06:48 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Elrik @ Sep 30, 2017 - 06:33 pm)
Those are some great numbers for the season James! Thanks so much for sharing your outings. Looking forward to the hard water reports in the new year. For now we will see you out on the perch grounds I am sure.

Thanks, and yes I am ready for perching on Simcoe tomorrow Sunday. Stay tuned.:-)

PMEmail PosterYahoo

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace