Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Buying a sled from Quebec or not?, Getting prepped for hardwater!
BlackCrowe13
Posted: Oct 03, 2017 - 08:30 pm

Parr Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 9047

Good day fisher-folk!

Looking to purchase a used snowmobile for the coming ice fishing season and am questioning the idea of buying a used machine from our neighbors to the east in Quebec.

Reading through multiple articles and posts, but would like to ask what the peeps on LSO think of the idea. My main questions are as follows...

1. Is the tax still 5% on purchase in PQ and 8% in ON when you register?
2. Any tips to consider when purchasing/searching?
3. Good or bad experiences from hose that have bought cross province boarder?
4. Can anyone provide a quick outline of the process for taxes from personal experience?
5. In your opinion, is it something you would consider, or is it just too much of a headache?

As much as it would seem to be an easy process, I'm looking to get some opinions and advice before I put too much energy in to looking for a sled in Quebec.

Any and all information, opinions, experiences are welcome!

Thanks!

PMEmail Poster
Mjack7
Posted: Oct 03, 2017 - 09:47 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 7500

The flood of used sleds we'll be loading on Kijiji over the next month. I wouldn't t bother with Quebec . Too much hassle with travel and you should have more to choose from locally.

PMEmail Poster
CousinHippy
Posted: Oct 03, 2017 - 11:23 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 8483

I have 2 for you. 97 skidoo formula 500 and 2000 mxz 600. My dad bought them last year for him and his ol lady because he wanted to get back into sledding but didn't want to break the bank until he knew he would stick with it or not and now he has bought 2 new machines. The 97 formula he bought from bayliner last year so you can trust it's a good machine...or at least if it's not you know who to go after!!

PMEmail Poster
Bayliner
Posted: Oct 04, 2017 - 07:40 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 22

I've worked on tons of cars and boats over the years that originated from quebec.

Every one of them had the snot driven out of them and little to no maintenance either.

I wouldn't buy anything used from there. Just saying.

PMEmail Poster
sabby
Posted: Oct 04, 2017 - 08:13 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 9998

QUOTE (Bayliner @ Oct 04, 2017 - 07:40 pm)
I've worked on tons of cars and boats over the years that originated from quebec.

Every one of them had the snot driven out of them and little to no maintenance either.

I wouldn't buy anything used from there. Just saying.

I've worked on the same pieces of sh t from Ontario. It's the owner not the province of origin. I would only purchase something after seeing it first hand and thoroughly reviewing the condition.

PMEmail Poster
zreel
Posted: Oct 06, 2017 - 12:06 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 4448

If you do find a great deal and save some money just make sure it has an OWNERSHIP .....

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace