Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Glo Shot Lures / Light Sticks
MCL83
Posted: Mar 05, 2018 - 12:50 pm

Fry

Group: Members
Member No.: 3209

Few questions regarding the Glo Shot Light Sticks. I apologize in advance if they have been answered already.

1. How long does one usually last? I heard the colder the water the less time.
2. What colour seems to be working best?
3. How effective are they? Must have for the annual trip to Nip?
4. For lure what size is best to be tipped with minnow; 1/8oz or 1/4?

Thanks for the support. Tight lines!

PMEmail Poster
Paddy
Posted: Mar 05, 2018 - 01:03 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 4885

i can answer the first one. seemed to last about 4 hours for me last weekend. the lure glows too, so just shine your phone light on it for about 10 seconds and you're good for another 10 minutes of jigging.

PMEmail Poster
MCL83
Posted: Mar 05, 2018 - 01:21 pm

Fry

thanks buddy!

PMEmail Poster
Pretzelboy
Posted: Mar 05, 2018 - 02:24 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 3328

We had a lot more time with ours... up to about 12 hours. if you notice the brightness fading, shake the lure vigorously and it will "recharge". Even worked the next day.

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Mar 05, 2018 - 03:59 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1282

QUOTE (Pretzelboy @ Mar 05, 2018 - 04:24 pm)
We had a lot more time with ours... up to about 12 hours. if you notice the brightness fading, shake the lure vigorously and it will "recharge". Even worked the next day.

I was fishing with Pretzelboy and we started with these lures on at noon on Thursday and they were still on when we left on Sunday, changed the glow sticks a couple of times throughout the weekend. We both had steady action on them every day. I would say it would be worth picking one up if you can still find them, green glo sticks seemed to work best for us.

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Mar 05, 2018 - 04:44 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 156

QUOTE (FatRap @ Mar 05, 2018 - 03:59 pm)
We had a lot more time with ours... up to about 12 hours. if you notice the brightness fading, shake the lure vigorously and it will "recharge".  Even worked the next day.

I was fishing with Pretzelboy and we started with these lures on at noon on Thursday and they were still on when we left on Sunday, changed the glow sticks a couple of times throughout the weekend. We both had steady action on them every day. I would say it would be worth picking one up if you can still find them, green glo sticks seemed to work best for us.

Good to know... thanks for the low down

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Mar 05, 2018 - 07:10 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1282

QUOTE (Chevy @ Mar 05, 2018 - 06:44 pm)

By next year there will be a new gimmick

PMEmail Poster
Icemanjay
Posted: Mar 05, 2018 - 07:48 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 13620

I'll be looking for them online next year, especially for the refills. I searched everywhere, luckily found 2 at Walmart both pink one 1/8 and one 1/4 with red glow sticks. Gonna try them out this weekend for the first time.

PMEmail Poster
Chuck Enwinde
Posted: Mar 06, 2018 - 01:26 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 6034

They catch fish, but they're no magic pill. As far as how long they last? I used one stick for the whole weekend. Two weeks later, I went to grab my tackle box out of the truck in the dark and I could still see the darn thing glowing away.

PMEmail Poster
MCL83
Posted: Mar 06, 2018 - 02:09 pm

Fry

Thanks for the advice everyone. I managed to grab a 1/4oz, a 1/8oz and all three light colours from the local Canadian Tire to add to the arsenal for the upcoming trip. Let's hope we nail them. Tight Lines!

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Mar 06, 2018 - 03:27 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 156

QUOTE (FatRap @ Mar 05, 2018 - 07:10 pm)

There always is... but I still want one... I've said it before and I'll say it again. Lures catch more fishermen then fish.

PMEmail Poster
Pretzelboy
Posted: Mar 06, 2018 - 03:55 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 3328

QUOTE (FatRap @ Mar 05, 2018 - 07:10 pm)

With all those requests for Pumpkin Spice colour Glo-Shots. Northland will probably release one now> LOL

PMEmail Poster
Icemanjay
Posted: Mar 06, 2018 - 08:22 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 13620

The worst is when you try to find a lure again and you can't. The one that bugs me the most is my Lake Ontario stuff. I have so many salmon spoons that are so beaten up and I can't buy replacements. Either the spoons don't exist anymore or I just can't find them.

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: Mar 06, 2018 - 08:24 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

we are all suckers for new lures . work or not

for me best is still single hook, minnow and split shot, but of course I fish inside only these days . never found need to go out yet

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
landonfish
Posted: Apr 05, 2018 - 09:21 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 5784

QUOTE (MCL83 @ Mar 05, 2018 - 12:50 pm)
Few questions regarding the Glo Shot Light Sticks. I apologize in advance if they have been answered already.

1. How long does one usually last? I heard the colder the water the less time.
2. What colour seems to be working best?
3. How effective are they? Must have for the annual trip to Nip?
4. For lure what size is best to be tipped with minnow; 1/8oz or 1/4?

Thanks for the support. Tight lines!

I found them to be no more effective then any of the buckshot spoons with the uv coating on them, That being said my tip up with a split shot and a candy coated octopus hook on it outfished everyone.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace