Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Drones?
poidy
  Posted: Oct 09, 2019 - 09:24 am

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 4591

Drones, I dont know what the law is or the hunting season on them, but blasted 2 now while they were over head, I said go ahead call the cops and get the f off the property... never heard a thing so far... geez they bug me,

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
sabmgb
Posted: Oct 09, 2019 - 11:36 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 15901

Not sure it that legal or not, but I like your attitude. They have there place and that not over your property unless you have given permission.

PMEmail Poster
finsfurfeathers
Posted: Oct 09, 2019 - 12:09 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 656

QUOTE (poidy @ Oct 09, 2019 - 09:24 am)
Drones, I dont know what the law is or the hunting season on them, but blasted 2 now while they were over head, I said go ahead call the cops and get the f off the property... never heard a thing so far... geez they bug me,

There are new regulations and permits required for various operations.
Thing is if you run into someone with the proper permits you open yourself up to destruction of property charges.
Self help not always the best option.

PMEmail Poster
pickerel24
Posted: Oct 09, 2019 - 12:40 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 8214

I LIKE HOW YOU DEALT WITH THEM. AND YES YOU CAN GET SPECIAL PERMISSION AND OPERATIONAL PERMITS, BUT THAT DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO INVADE PRIVACY LAWS. KEEP IT UP POIDY

PMEmail Poster
MeatEater
Posted: Oct 09, 2019 - 01:24 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 17621

In all fairness do you know if any privacy was breached or which way the camera was even facing (assuming it even had one)? A lot of real estate photography is turning to drones for aerial shots.

Gun owners across the country are getting a harder and harder time and blowing other peoples property out of the air isn't going to help the situation any.

A call to local authorities probably would have been the best course of action after trying to talk to the drone pilot.

PMEmail Poster
Sabotfish
Posted: Oct 09, 2019 - 06:25 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 5290

Agreed with MeatEater. Understandably trespassing is one thing, however shooting someone’s personal property also now defined as an aircraft (a vehicle) most of which costing hundreds of dollars will certainly not end well.
Especially if you do not know where the drone operator is standing, imagine the backlash if you rained pellets on someone! Regardless if it causes injury or not.

Definitely not the time with a federal election on the horizon to begin acting irresponsibly with a firearm, nor should there ever be a time to do so. Shootings someone’s property sounds like a fantastic way to show anyone how much of a ‘responsible’ gun owner you truly are.

PMEmail Poster
Fishnhunt
Posted: Oct 10, 2019 - 05:56 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 15869

What loads do you recommend? Shotgun or rifle? 4’s ,5’s or 6’s ? 😆
Sorry... I don’t handle temptation very well.

PMEmail Poster
Mayday
Posted: Oct 14, 2019 - 08:45 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 15731

QUOTE (MeatEater @ Oct 09, 2019 - 01:24 pm)
In all fairness do you know if any privacy was breached or which way the camera was even facing (assuming it even had one)? A lot of real estate photography is turning to drones for aerial shots.

Gun owners across the country are getting a harder and harder time and blowing other peoples property out of the air isn't going to help the situation any.

A call to local authorities probably would have been the best course of action after trying to talk to the drone pilot.

This ^

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Oct 14, 2019 - 09:39 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 156

I say shoot’em

PMEmail Poster
poidy
  Posted: Today at 07:08 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 4591

Not a real estate guys, we had them, had a talk with the OPP, they had a talk with neighbour, he was ticked, but got off with a warning of harassment, next time, if there is a next time, he will be charged, as for shot, I used #2 steel shot 3 inch, as was after geese, and dronee was maybe 15 feet away 10 feet off lawn, pointed right at us, so no drones ever since, but sure is lots of geese now, but we got enough, so that hopefully is the end of this story...

PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Marketplace