Ľ Fishing Forum  Fishing Regulations  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Walleye fest, caught over 20 between three of us
fishmagnet
Posted: Aug 20, 2021 - 09:32 am

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 515

That's a great day out on the water...
Congratulations on your success and well done JB.👍

PMEmail Poster
flexkk
Posted: Aug 20, 2021 - 10:23 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 13479

Way to go Jerkbaiter and friends. Great time out with friends and even better when the fish are on. Some beautiful walleye glad they were feeding. Maybe they are starting to feed for fall early and know something we dont. Keep up the good work and thanks foe sharing. Now i hope i can get into some this weekend and tonight.

PMEmail Poster
Jerkbaiter
Posted: Aug 20, 2021 - 01:09 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 12665

Thanks guys.

This is my first open water season devoted almost entirely to fishing for walleye in Kawartha and Central Ontario and slowly but surely I am learning the patterns and techniques.

From my past occasional walleye fishing experience I would say that August is one of the best times for consistent walleye catches. Sure, post spawn May and June and fall October bites are great too but mid and late summer they are more predictable IMO, if you are able to put some leg work into finding them.

Thanks everyone for tips and sharing your reports. They are a great help for me.

Also investment in Helix 10 with Mega SI, new Minnkota Terrova 80 lb trolling motor and finding Tom Boley youtube walleye videos were of great assistance as well.

PMEmail Poster
reelingmachine
Posted: Aug 20, 2021 - 02:34 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 5322

Very well done Jerkbaiter! Awesome fishing! Thanks for sharing the details.

Mid August walleye is something I would not comprehend. Yes, I did not and do not put much time into it pretty sure I will not catch any, but your reports make me think more about trying it.

PM
Longshank
Posted: Aug 22, 2021 - 01:01 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

nice catching for sure.

I believe too many folks think walleye are are a morning /evening or night biter only

personally, I have not fished for them at night for over 30 years......a midday bite with sunny conditions is stellar quite often

btw ...I like that lure you lost also

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Chad
Posted: Aug 22, 2021 - 03:05 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 13508

Thatís awesome! Nice to see!👍

PMEmail Poster
Collingwood Dean
Posted: Aug 23, 2021 - 05:41 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 9535

Boy...that looks like fun! Very nice!!

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!