Was a good full moon bite

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
EsoxWanderer
Posted: Aug 28, 2021 - 01:19 pm

Parr Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 14917

You look like a happy man. I do hope you put er back to make more, but nice fish in any case. I'm personally chopping at the bit to get back out.

PMEmail Poster
jake2000
Posted: Aug 28, 2021 - 03:28 pm

Fry

Member No.: 17689

Yes she got released right away swam off in just a minute or two. It was a very cool experience me and a buddy we about to head out for some pickerel around 10 or 11 pm and I shined my light in the water and seen a few pickerel eyes glowing around the dock looked around little more and seen that giant musky just sitting in the shallow feeding so I tied on a meps musky killer and it just destroyed it after a good follow i almost got it on a figure 8 it followed my bait up to dock I didnt see it then I started a figure 8 and it's giant head came out of the dock when my buddy shined his light in water but that spooked it then took another cast and it hit. snapped my rod cuz didn't open the spool after it was in the net but still got er in! Lol was worth the fish. Never gets old getting the crazy shakes from a giant musky I love it

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: Aug 28, 2021 - 04:17 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 18589

Very nice muskie. Most of my muskie have been caught at night when I am fishing for walleye and crappie with medium size crank baits. Every year there seems to be more and more big muskie on balsam and sturgeon. A decade ago you hardly ever saw a muskie at night. Now it is a regular occurrence. The walleye hide when the muskie comes around. So did you get any walleye or did the muskie scare them away.

PMEmail Poster
jake2000
Posted: Aug 28, 2021 - 05:07 pm

Fry

Member No.: 17689

I got that one in sturgeon just out from the Cameron side of lake and the musky spooked the pickerel pretty good after I caught it. Next day we got some

PMEmail Poster
Jerkbaiter
Posted: Aug 29, 2021 - 01:35 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 12665

Excellent ski, congrats on your PB! Well done and good on you for live release!

Sturgeon eyes are always in check and often very cautious not to become dinner for a hunting musky.

I also learned the hard way the lesson to open the reel bail after the big fish is in the net after the 30 lb chinook male (on my avatar photo) broke my rod.

PMEmail Poster
Goshawk
Posted: Aug 29, 2021 - 05:25 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 11890

Great looking toothy critter!!

PMEmail Poster
mamona
Posted: Aug 30, 2021 - 10:31 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 14206

Lovely trophy fish

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!