Fishing Forum  Fishing Regulations  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Haliburton area snow conditions, Snowmobiling a go?
probability
Posted: Dec 26, 2019 - 07:52 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 12651

Hi all,

We're renting a cottage in the Haliburton area for the weekend of Jan 3, and I'm wondering what the snow conditions are like up there. I know a lot of small lakes in Bancroft, so finding fishable ice won't be a problem even with the warm weather coming up. But we wanted to rent snowmobiles for one of the days to ride around and I'm wondering if there's enough snow for that there right now? Obviously any trails that cross bigger water are going to be a no go, but will any trails at all be doable?

Thanks.

PMEmail Poster
Drew
Posted: Dec 26, 2019 - 07:58 pm

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 8190

No trails currently open according to the trail map.

Nearest 'open' trails are in New Liskeard.

PMEmail Poster
simsima
Posted: Dec 27, 2019 - 09:12 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 7808

ofsc trails not open need alot more snow have lost alot this past week . you could try the Haliburton forest they have 300 km of private trails.

PMEmail Poster
tjames
Posted: Dec 27, 2019 - 12:49 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 12662

QUOTE (probability @ Dec 26, 2019 - 08:52 pm)
Hi all,

We're renting a cottage in the Haliburton area for the weekend of Jan 3, and I'm wondering what the snow conditions are like up there. I know a lot of small lakes in Bancroft, so finding fishable ice won't be a problem even with the warm weather coming up. But we wanted to rent snowmobiles for one of the days to ride around and I'm wondering if there's enough snow for that there right now? Obviously any trails that cross bigger water are going to be a no go, but will any trails at all be doable?

Thanks.

There probably isnt much snow, and its calling for rain on new years eve.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Northern Lakes
Fishing forum for Northern Ontario, including Muskoka, Algonquin & Bancroft Area Lakes. Fishing for brook trout, lake trout, bass, walleye, pickerel, muskie, pike, crappie, perch, splake and more. Northern Ontario fishing at it's Best!