Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Humminbird Helix Units Setup
callatis
Posted: Jun 02, 2018 - 02:37 pm

Parr Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 4290

After exchanging few emails with Humminbird and talking to the sales reps from Radioworld and Sail I just returned the Helix 7 to BPS and I got the Helix 7X from Radioworld, same price as Sail. Indeed, on the bottom of the box there is the 7X model specified. X stands for International or World Units.

BlackCrowe13, I didn't have a chance to talk to George, I caught him at a bad time. Thanks anyway. Humminbird said they are not going to supply software to upgrade my unit.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
BlackCrowe13
Posted: Jun 02, 2018 - 09:58 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 9047

QUOTE (callatis @ Jun 02, 2018 - 02:37 pm)
After exchanging few emails with Humminbird and talking to the sales reps from Radioworld and Sail I just returned the Helix 7 to BPS and I got the Helix 7X from Radioworld, same price as Sail. Indeed, on the bottom of the box and there is the 7X model specified. X stands for International or World Units.

BlackCrowe13, I didn't have a chance to talk to George, I caught him at a bad time. Thanks anyway. Humminbird said they are not going to supply software to upgrade my unit.

Glad to hear you got sims form of resolution, even if it was a pain in the butt.

Truthfully, I have found Johnson Outdoors to provide exceptional service in all cases I have brought to their attention.

Either way, enjoy the new unit... I love my HB Helix.

PMEmail Poster
Parnelly
Posted: Jun 03, 2018 - 11:50 am

Fry

Member No.: 6656

QUOTE (callatis @ May 31, 2018 - 09:52 pm)
QUOTE (BlackCrowe13 @ May 31, 2018 - 02:20 pm)
Give George a call and see if he can help with an update that has the Canadian version built in. He is super helpful with HB products.

Thanks for the advice! I will call George tomorrow morning!
I passed this evening by Radioworld and Sail and all their Humminbird Helix had thw World units and 21 languages. I got mine on sale at PBS for $775, now it's back at $875.
Sail sales is for $899 and $955 at Radioworld.

2 years ago I bought my H5 from sail, and my boss bought a 9 from BPS. His was an american unit.

This year I added a H7 G2 from BPS, same issue. American unit.

While it doesnt bother me at all, seems absurd that something like this is even an issue this day and age. Why not make all units the same?

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace