Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Minn Kota power drive 55lb won't turn
Grab the net
Posted: Jul 12, 2018 - 06:54 pm

Parr Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 13147

Hello All! Could use help here if anyone knows much on the topic. I've searched what I could but can't figure a way to fix my troller.

I put power to the head of the unit and it turns but the foot pedal doesn't work. I bought a second used one and still nothing... tried cleaning the contacts on both pedals and still nothing... never used a multimeter so kind of stuck as to where I could have it repaired even. Called minn Kota but can't even buy parts for it. 2001 model is ancient these days I guess lol

Is it garbage?

PMEmail Poster
pikeyminnow
Posted: Jul 12, 2018 - 08:09 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 3181

If you’re anywhere near Orillia try taking it in to Rocky’s Tackle Service. He’s on Royce Ave and does good work with fair prices. Or at least give him a call with your model number and see if he might have the parts you need. Think his name is Tyler and used him in the past and found him excellent to deal with.

PMEmail Poster
Grab the net
Posted: Jul 12, 2018 - 08:29 pm

Parr Trout

Thank you! I will be calling him tomorrow!

PMEmail Poster
Grab the net
Posted: Jul 14, 2018 - 05:33 am

Parr Trout

I'll be calling to speak with Tyler when they open today. Found out my problem and now I just need find the part. Seems it was the motor itself that is cooked

PMEmail Poster
bassinmike
Posted: Jul 14, 2018 - 11:39 am

Fry

Member No.: 9548

I have worked on a number of minkota never had an actual motor failure, usually just the brushes.

PMEmail Poster
Grab the net
Posted: Jul 14, 2018 - 06:32 pm

Parr Trout

QUOTE (bassinmike @ Jul 14, 2018 - 11:39 am)
I have worked on a number of minkota never had an actual motor failure, usually just the brushes.

Would the brushes be replaceable? I have a motor on order now that I found online but would like to have another replacement

PMEmail Poster
linewalker
Posted: Jul 15, 2018 - 08:02 am

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 11602

QUOTE (pikeyminnow @ Jul 12, 2018 - 08:09 pm)
If you’re anywhere near Orillia try taking it in to Rocky’s Tackle Service. He’s on Royce Ave and does good work with fair prices. Or at least give him a call with your model number and see if he might have the parts you need. Think his name is Tyler and used him in the past and found him excellent to deal with.

i can't say enough good things about Rocky's. They will help you and you will leave feeling good about service

PMEmail Poster
bassinmike
Posted: Jul 15, 2018 - 05:32 pm

Fry

Member No.: 9548

Brushes are easy to replace and cheap. Make sure to order new seals with them.

PMEmail Poster
Grab the net
Posted: Jul 15, 2018 - 06:59 pm

Parr Trout

Thanks for the help, much appreciated!

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!

Marketplace