Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Scugog Muskies
Duskocy
Posted: Sep 07, 2019 - 08:59 am

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 10005

Hey Folks

Been a few years since i musky fished Lake Scugog. Just wondering how it is lately. My brother wants to go mid October and I am not sure if its a good idea or not. Let me know. Thanks

PMEmail Poster
sabby
Posted: Sep 07, 2019 - 10:27 pm

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 9998

It's a good lake for musky, but if you want guaranteed fish in October try St Claire.

PMEmail Poster
Lookinforeyes
Posted: Sep 08, 2019 - 12:07 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 14252

Scugog does hold decent Musky deep weeds on Port Perry side you will find easier 👍but my opinion agrees St Clair is pretty well a guarantee only itís much bigger rougher water and a fair distance...FISHON

PMEmail Poster
Duskocy
Posted: Sep 08, 2019 - 12:30 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 10005

Ya I was thinking the same thing.
We are probably going last minute and that why he wanted to do Scugog.
I think I will change his mind

PMEmail Poster
Muskie_Bob
Posted: Sep 09, 2019 - 08:06 am

Fry

Member No.: 14392

The problem with fishing St. Clair is that unless you have a large boat, the wind can push up some big waves and that can keep you off the water. It is a long drive to stare out at the water and not be able to fish. If you do plan a trip there I would strongly suggest you watch the weather forecast for stronger East, West, or North winds. I fished there this summer and had to run several KM off shore to find fish. Once winds hit 25 KM from NW that shut it down for me as 3 footers started rolling and I have a deep hull 20 ft boat.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!

Marketplace