Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Sparrow lake, Bassin
Lookinforeyes
Posted: Sep 08, 2019 - 08:40 pm

Adult Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 14252

I had a great visit to Sparrow Lake. Caught a bunch of fish including both Large and smallmouth Bass and Northern Pike. I was pleased to find the numbers of Bronzebacks as they are just my favourite species to target 😜 found the largemouth and pike in shallow weeds using topwater presentations the pike explosions were cool but the largies were small. The smallmouth I found consistently on deeper weed edges adjacent to deep water letting my jig hit bottom then lifting slowly and boom they hit like a freight train caught a few decent smallies 😜 fished Sparrow Lake to gain more Tournament experience with a great group GoldBass. A very well organized event again and a field of quality anglers to gain experience and knowledge from 👍tough lake as itís pretty shallow and many areas fairly choked with weeds but the biggest challenge on this day were the 28km wind gusts that were relentless from 10am-3pm again seeing the need for shallow water anchors next years investment for sure!! FISHON

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Putaforkinya
Posted: Sep 09, 2019 - 03:29 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 3100

Great report. Thanks for sharing.

You have been doing well this year. A shallow water anchor for those windy days added to your boat will make you deadly. It did for me last year when I got one but nothing on earth is helping me this year.

You consider your self a "learning fisherman" but you've been doing better than me and I dont think I'm half bad lol.

Hats off to you and I cant wait to hear some more stories on how your improving.

PMEmail Poster
Bigfishlill
Posted: Sep 09, 2019 - 08:42 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 6778

Good report, look's like a fun day minus the wind. It's been a while since I was on that lake but it sounds like it was fishing like it did years ago. Wish I could have been there but will see you at the next one!

PMEmail Poster
Lookinforeyes
Posted: Sep 09, 2019 - 09:09 pm

Adult Trout

QUOTE (Putaforkinya @ Sep 09, 2019 - 03:29 pm)
Great report. Thanks for sharing.

You have been doing well this year. A shallow water anchor for those windy days added to your boat will make you deadly. It did for me last year when I got one but nothing on earth is helping me this year.

You consider your self a "learning fisherman" but you've been doing better than me and I dont think I'm half bad lol.

Hats off to you and I cant wait to hear some more stories on how your improving.

Thanks Matt 😁😎 I really appreciate the kind words and consistent encouragement 👍 youíre a good dude that runs a Quality Tournament series, weíre all lucky to have such a platform to learn and grow with!! I learn something new every event either from yourself or one of the others in the series. Thanks again for having me and your feedback/tips are always appreciated 👍

PMEmail Poster
Lookinforeyes
Posted: Sep 09, 2019 - 09:24 pm

Adult Trout

QUOTE (Bigfishlill @ Sep 09, 2019 - 08:42 pm)
Good report, look's like a fun day minus the wind. It's been a while since I was on that lake but it sounds like it was fishing like it did years ago. Wish I could have been there but will see you at the next one!

Thanks for the comments👍😎 ya it was a great visit to Sparrow lake had a blast but again canít say enough about goldbass due to other commitments Iím only able to do 3 or 4 tournaments per year this being my second year but every time out with this group I feel welcomed and learn something new and the efficiency of Matts efforts are outstanding always fun and challenging great combination!! The lake itself I did find challenging mostly because I kept putting myself into a foot of water lol and the winds wow pain in the... but again Iím kinda like challenge =fun I really canít complain about the fish I caught a great combination of Large/smallmouth Bass and the Pike were fun too but definitely a pest in a Bass tournament, actually left 2 spots because they were outnumbering the Largies I was in there for😉anyways here I go again Fish ramble 🤪thanks again ✌️FISHON

PMEmail Poster
Bredan2003
Posted: Sep 10, 2019 - 11:59 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 16401

Beauty Fish 🙌🏻🙌🏻 Nicely done!

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!

Marketplace