Ľ Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2 3   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Ice Fishing Float Suit, Which One is Best?
WTFish
Posted: Oct 04, 2018 - 11:51 pm

Fry

Group: Members
Member No.: 14462

Coast guard approval isn't important for me at all. As long as it floats that's all I care about. I have life jackets in the boat anyway for legal purposes.

PMEmail Poster
Knuguy
Posted: Oct 05, 2018 - 08:04 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 877

Exactly

PMEmail Poster
mairaj86
Posted: Oct 05, 2018 - 09:34 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 6451

I have buoy o boy 1 piece. Very comfortable and warm

PMEmail Poster
longfish
Posted: Oct 05, 2018 - 08:15 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 10648

I have a Mustang integrity model...it is a one piece and has served me well for 5 years now....and has lots of life left.....I have never had a two piece so I can not fairly compare.

PMEmail PosterYahoo
crappiehappy
Posted: Oct 07, 2018 - 07:30 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 13871

QUOTE (Disco @ Oct 03, 2018 - 09:40 am)
I have a Mustang floating one piece. I love it. Doesnít mean I know itís the best but serves me well

Yes I fell into water twice
In middle of frigid January off Jackson's point..
No problems to report with the boyoboy
Suits..
I think all are good for dunking..
It's the comfort that varies

PMEmail Poster
Team Rapo
Posted: Oct 08, 2018 - 10:00 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 5705

Like everything. It all comes down to how much cash you can fork out.
1 piece or two is preference I think.
Myself the Canadian tire clearance cheapafloat was good enough for me, Iím happy with it. 1 piece

PM
Pidge
Posted: Oct 08, 2018 - 01:18 pm

Egg

Member No.: 5459

I don't post much at all on forums anymore and can't remember if I've posted on this one, but for what it's worth I went thru the same delima last winter with wanting a floater suit of some sort. I ended up going with a Striker Ice 2 piece. I can assure you it's a very warm suit and has the convince of taking off the coat portion when inside the hut. Google them or YouTube all the same to get an idea. I bought mine at Fishing World in Hamilton. I don't know who's a dealer and who's not, but I know they are and had them out on display to try on. Staff was a great help as well. A buddy of mine regrets buying the one piece now that he's seen the two piece. Just my two cents.
-Pidge

PMEmail Poster
avgefisherman
Posted: Oct 09, 2018 - 01:33 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 2365

It's all about preference and your budget. I had an one piece a Mustang Integrity model it was warm but I felt to crapped up in it. I switched to a two Strike suite very warm and you have more flexability with a two piece. They are pricy and they have a few model. I bought the Predator Suite which is good if you run and gun fishing moving around hunting for fish. Again it comes down to preference and budget. That's my two cent.

PMEmail Poster
Chuck Enwinde
Posted: Oct 10, 2018 - 12:46 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 6034

I'll throw another vote in for the Striker suits. I've used Mustang, Bouy O Bouy, keep a float, and Arctic Armour. I'd rate them Striker, Arctic Armour, Mustang, Bouy O Bouy and lastly Keep a float. That said none of the suits owed me anything by the time they were put to bed.

Once you've known the comfort and convenience of a two piece suit you'd have a tough time going back to a one piece.

PMEmail Poster
bit&byte
Posted: Oct 10, 2018 - 04:20 pm

Alevin

Member No.: 11869

If you decide to go with one piece suite, I would suggest that you get one size larger than you normally wear so you get some flexibility and comfort.

PMEmail Poster
Wilbur
Posted: Oct 11, 2018 - 04:08 pm

Fry

Member No.: 9810

Where did you get the Helly Hansen suits?

PMEmail Poster
glennd
Posted: Nov 02, 2018 - 07:35 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 13375

QUOTE (WTFish @ Oct 04, 2018 - 11:55 am)
Striker ICE suits are on a whole different level. Comfort, warmth and quality are way ahead of the competition. Price is high though

Their top of the line suit is way too warm if you're gonna move at all. I'd go for one of the lower models which are still VERY warm, just as well made and a bit cheaper

As they say you get what you pay for. Striker Ice is best designed most comfortable and safest ice suit out there. Pick your insulation level for your climate or use and get the best !! Their customer service is out of this world also. You wonít be disappointed !!

PMEmail Poster
Mjack7
Posted: Nov 02, 2018 - 09:10 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 7500

Mustang is the only manufacture making cdn approved floatation suits. Salus and helly Hansen no longer makes a 1 price float suits. For non approved nothing beats a Striker.

PMEmail Poster
fish hawk
Posted: Nov 04, 2018 - 09:46 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 374

I have Mustang ICERIDER, (pants and jacket) for a few years now. I like it, very warm, comfortable great on snowmobile and ATV. Also itís great in the boat fishing in November.

The sticker inside says: It is intended to provide flotation and hypothermia protection in the event of cold water immersion. Also it says this product is not categorized under marine regulations for use in any marine activity and therefore is not currently Transport Canada or US Coast Guard approved.

Remember. No personal buoyant device is guaranteed to save you. It is recommended that you try your device, in water, under safe conditions, so that you know what performance to expect and not to expect from it.

PMEmail Poster
thanh
Posted: Nov 05, 2018 - 07:04 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 3415

QUOTE (Mjack7 @ Nov 02, 2018 - 09:10 pm)
Mustang is the only manufacture making cdn approved floatation suits. Salus and helly Hansen no longer makes a 1 price float suits. For non approved nothing beats a Striker.

Salus still makes them here in Canada and they are all Canadian coast guard approved. They can be found in CT stores and many other retailers. All their one piece suits are certified as an approved PFD for Canada.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace