Ľ Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2 3 4   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Whats going on? is everyone stoned?, Pot in the ice hut
Disco
Posted: Oct 19, 2018 - 09:19 am

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 10908

Yup weed and alcohol do have different outward effect when looking at a person.

What they do have in common is impaired motor skills, impaired judgement skills, impaired depth perception etc. What does all this really mean?

Enjoy your weed when not opperating motor vehicles or machinery. Be smart and enjoy responsibly. Want to smoke weed in the hut go ahead idc I youíre walking on/off the ice and get home unimpaired. I feel the same about drinking in a hut. The law doesnít feel the same as me.

PMEmail Poster
Nado
Posted: Oct 19, 2018 - 09:19 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 8095

Should be fine in a hut but if you use a sled or an atv to get to it you better be careful. I'm sure the OPP and MNR checking around the lake are going to be keeping an eye out for that sort of thing.

As for Markham, they are implementing or are trying to implement a bylaw that will be specific to their City. It is pretty comical to me, maybe they should limit smoking cigarettes to private residences as well while they are at it.

PMEmail Poster
rayray89
Posted: Oct 19, 2018 - 11:45 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 6253

QUOTE (fishmagnet @ Oct 19, 2018 - 07:40 am)
Now maybe it's time for all those people that don't know what the effects are to try it..

This ^^^

PMEmail Poster
1SHOT
Posted: Oct 19, 2018 - 03:58 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 7181

BUNCH "O" HIPPIES

PM
icecy
Posted: Oct 21, 2018 - 01:29 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 4685

Imo being stoned and being drunk or two different things. I've never seen anybody staggering around falling down from smoking weed. Now maybe it's time for all those people that don't know what the effects are to try it..

Yes they are different but both can be deadly when driving. Being stoned changes the person's perception of time, i know cause i've been there, done that and wouldn't want to be driving when high as a kite, that's for sure.

And by the way, you can fall down due to cannabis consumption. For example get up too fast from where you're sitting, and you can suddenly experience a low blood pressure. It happened to me, and when i realized that i was on the floor, i noticed that my head narrowly missed a protruding nail from a piece of trimming laying on the floor . I was renovating my house then.

PMEmail Poster
fishmagnet
Posted: Oct 21, 2018 - 08:28 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 515

QUOTE (icecy @ Oct 21, 2018 - 01:29 am)
Imo being stoned and being drunk or two different things. I've never seen anybody staggering around falling down from smoking weed. Now maybe it's time for all those people that don't know what the effects are to try it..

Yes they are different but both can be deadly when driving. Being stoned changes the person's perception of time, i know cause i've been there, done that and wouldn't want to be driving when high as a kite, that's for sure.

And by the way, you can fall down due to cannabis consumption. For example get up too fast from where you're sitting, and you can suddenly experience a low blood pressure. It happened to me, and when i realized that i was on the floor, i noticed that my head narrowly missed a protruding nail from a piece of trimming laying on the floor . I was renovating my house then.

And by the way, you can fall down due to cannabis consumption. For example get up too fast from where you're sitting, and you can suddenly experience a low blood pressure.
This can happen with out any pot in your system and if you were high it was imo just a coincidence.. Not having eating properly or low blood sugar and underlying medical conditions could cause the same result...
Remind me not to have you help renovate my house..lol..

PMEmail Poster
icecy
Posted: Oct 24, 2018 - 10:05 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 4685

[QUOTE=fishmagnet,Oct 21, 2018 - 08:28 am][QUOTE=fishmagnet,Oct
And by the way, you can fall down due to cannabis consumption. For example get up too fast from where you're sitting, and you can suddenly experience a low blood pressure.
This can happen with out any pot in your system and if you were high it was imo just a coincidence.. Not having eating properly or low blood sugar and underlying medical conditions could cause the same result...
Remind me not to have you help renovate my house..lol..][/QUOTE]

Sure it can happen under other circumstances, but I've never fainted in my life before, and had quite a few puffs within a very short period that night, I am sure it wasn't a coincidence and I am not just talking from experience, there is science behind it too:

"Marijuana is known to cause symptoms suggestive of orthostatic hypotension such as dizziness and fainting during upright posture. "

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1529742

PMEmail Poster
tjames
Posted: Oct 25, 2018 - 07:16 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 12662

Anyone looking at doing this just keep in mind that riding a snowmobile or atv while impaired by either alcohol or drugs are considered impaired driving and carry the same penalty as driving a car impaired.

Iíve seen MNR and YRP on Simcoe in the winter. Iíd imagine Barrie police and South Simcoe have marine units as well but not sure if they go out on the ice.

PMEmail Poster
xiaolu
Posted: Oct 25, 2018 - 09:40 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 50

Impaired driving on public road is illegal, which I am sure police would enforce.

However I am not sure on ice how this is enforced.

Is driving on ice on a lake is considered driving on public road for which Highway Traffic Act/Law applies?

For example, it is illegal to drive without buckle up (you must put on your seatbelt). But when it comes to drive on ice on a lake, I have seen many who recommend you do NOT put on your seatbelt. Is this legal? Hence similarly, is impaired driving on ice legal?:-)

My understanding (which may be wrong, of course) is, the Ontario Highway Traffic Act/Law only applies to driving on public road, not on your own private property, not if you are NOT driving on public roadway....

PMEmail PosterYahoo
4d277
Posted: Oct 25, 2018 - 12:18 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 7427

They call it dope for a reason

PMEmail Poster
nuzpaper
Posted: Oct 25, 2018 - 12:34 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 2396

QUOTE (xiaolu @ Oct 25, 2018 - 09:40 am)
Impaired driving on public road is illegal, which I am sure police would enforce.

Is driving on ice on a lake is considered driving on public road for which Highway Traffic Act/Law applies?

For example, it is illegal to drive without buckle up (you must put on your seatbelt). But when it comes to drive on ice on a lake, I have seen many who recommend you do NOT put on your seatbelt. Is this legal? Hence similarly, is impaired driving on ice legal?:-)

My understanding (which may be wrong, of course) is, the Ontario Highway Traffic Act/Law only applies to driving on public road, not on your own private property, not if you are NOT driving on public roadway....

You can be charged while operating a snow machine while not on a public road so I'm sure the same would apply to the ATV

PMEmail Poster
xiaolu
Posted: Oct 25, 2018 - 01:57 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (nuzpaper @ Oct 25, 2018 - 12:34 pm)
QUOTE (xiaolu @ Oct 25, 2018 - 09:40 am)

You can be charged while operating a snow machine while not on a public road so I'm sure the same would apply to the ATV

Mmm. I was once thought the same. Like you can be charged if you don't buckle up driving on public road. I am sure the same would apply to driving on ice on a lake.

But it turned out it is not the same (Somehow you will NOT be charged if you drive on ice on a lake, and you do NOT have your seat belt on:-)

PMEmail PosterYahoo
Dutch
Posted: Oct 25, 2018 - 03:09 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 7179

Impaired driving is not in the Highway Traffic Act, it is a Criminal Code Offense and can apply anywhere, not just on the road.

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Oct 26, 2018 - 10:09 am

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1282

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
riverrat
Posted: Oct 26, 2018 - 10:25 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 884

Ever since pot went legal it's been slow! No one is fishing??????? I don't think they can stumble out of the bed. Canada is stoned 24/7

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace