» Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2 3 4   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Whats going on? is everyone stoned?, Pot in the ice hut
riverrat
Posted: Oct 26, 2018 - 10:26 am

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 884

Any fish on this reef??? Did you say Reefer? yes please

PMEmail Poster
kevin
Posted: Oct 26, 2018 - 10:31 am

Fry

Member No.: 14872

Just my 2 cents.... Last year a man was initially charged with impaired because he operated a snowmobile to retrieve one of his friends that was drowning (broke through the ice). The public outcry was so high that the charges were rescinded. I myself was on the bay of quinte last year and when I was coming off the ice I was stopped by an OP officer as I was not wearing my helmet. Had it with me. He let me off with a warning. I believe any body of water be it frozen or not is subject to the law both provincially and federally.

PMEmail Poster
Fisherman
Posted: Oct 26, 2018 - 10:51 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 25

QUOTE (kevin @ Oct 26, 2018 - 10:31 am)
Just my 2 cents.... I believe any body of water be it frozen or not is subject to the law both provincially and federally.

Well you better do some research, whether or not you're on public land or water or even private land does not matter, they will get you if you been in the sauce or weed.
The next excuse will be "officer I was trying to help XYZ but ya I'm hammered".

PM
WTFish
Posted: Oct 26, 2018 - 11:11 am

Fry

Member No.: 14462

yup driving an RV drunk on the 401 or an ATV on a remote frozen lake after a few beers is the same offence

i know a guy who lost his licence and paid thousands and thousands in lawyer fees trying to fight it for driving an ATV drunk on a lake in the middle of nowhere, miles and miles from civilization

same would apply to weed, though I'm not sure if a bushwhacking cop would have the means to test for weed impairment...

PMEmail Poster
icecy
Posted: Oct 27, 2018 - 10:59 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 4685

QUOTE (xiaolu @ Oct 25, 2018 - 09:40 am)
My understanding (which may be wrong, of course) is, the Ontario Highway Traffic Act/Law only applies to driving on public road, not on your own private property, not if you are NOT driving on public roadway....

I'd say driving on ice on a lake doesn't qualify as driving on your own property, so the rules do apply.

PMEmail Poster
icecy
Posted: Oct 27, 2018 - 11:05 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 4685

QUOTE (WTFish @ Oct 26, 2018 - 11:11 am)
though I'm not sure if a bushwhacking cop would have the means to test for weed impairment...

There's always the Field Sobriety Tests and he can do them anywhere if he/she wishes to do so.

PMEmail Poster
fish hawk
Posted: Oct 28, 2018 - 07:33 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 374

If you go ice fishing by yourself (alone) and YOU are driving , car/ ATV/Snowmobile, ………better leave the cannabis at home!!

PMEmail Poster
Woodsman
Posted: Oct 28, 2018 - 07:44 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 477

To clarify a few things.
Impaired driving doesn't fall under the Highway Traffic Act. It falls under the Criminal Code and this applies everywhere.
The Highway Traffic Act doesn't apply on the ice.
On the ice either the Off Road Vehicle Act or Motorized Snow Vehicle Act apply. No helmet charges would fall under these Acts.

PMEmail Poster
xiaolu
Posted: Oct 28, 2018 - 03:40 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (icecy @ Oct 27, 2018 - 10:59 pm)
QUOTE (xiaolu @ Oct 25, 2018 - 09:40 am)
My understanding (which may be wrong, of course) is, the Ontario Highway Traffic Act/Law only applies to driving on public road, not on your own private property, not if you are NOT driving on public roadway....

I'd say driving on ice on a lake doesn't qualify as driving on your own property, so the rules do apply.

In that case, how come one can drive on ice on a lake without seat belt on? Is this not illegal?:-)

PMEmail PosterYahoo
xiaolu
Posted: Oct 28, 2018 - 03:41 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Woodsman @ Oct 28, 2018 - 07:44 am)
To clarify a few things.
Impaired driving doesn't fall under the Highway Traffic Act. It falls under the Criminal Code and this applies everywhere.
The Highway Traffic Act doesn't apply on the ice.

I would agree with you on this one (The Highway Traffic Act doesn't apply on the ice)

PMEmail PosterYahoo
Woodsman
Posted: Oct 28, 2018 - 05:07 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 477

xiaolu the reason there can be no "no seatblt charge" is because that is under the HTA which doesn't apply on the ice.

PMEmail Poster
ldub
Posted: Oct 28, 2018 - 06:19 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 4441

Pretty simple, being impaired in public is illegal regardless of what you are doing. Your opinion on whether or not you are impaired does not matter. On another note, does anyone know can the road side test determine how much thc is in your system, or does it just indicate that there is thc in you system.

PMEmail Poster
xiaolu
Posted: Oct 28, 2018 - 08:41 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Woodsman @ Oct 28, 2018 - 05:07 pm)
xiaolu the reason there can be no "no seatblt charge" is because that is under the HTA which doesn't apply on the ice.

I agree with you.

I was commenting/in reply to above reply that says "driving on ice on a lake doesn't qualify as driving on your own property, so the rules do apply.", which I don't agree, I mean;-)

That is, I am also believing Highway Traffic Act does NOT apply on ice on a lake.

PMEmail PosterYahoo
kingphoenix
Posted: Oct 29, 2018 - 10:37 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 10053

QUOTE (ldub @ Oct 28, 2018 - 06:19 pm)
Pretty simple, being impaired in public is illegal regardless of what you are doing. Your opinion on whether or not you are impaired does not matter. On another note, does anyone know can the road side test determine how much thc is in your system, or does it just indicate that there is thc in you system.

The roadside tests are poor, cannot accurately tell THC lvls and they dont work below 4 degrees celsius. There is not a solid correlation between impairment and thc blood level as well. A heavy user can test positive 12+ hours after smoking but would not impaired.

Concerns raised about first device set to be approved for roadside drug detection

The study included over 300 Norwegian drivers who were tested for impairment using both the oral device as well as a blood sample. It found that the proportion of false-positive results generated by the device compared to the finding of a blood sample was 14.5 per cent for cannabis, and 87.1 per cent for cocaine.

As well, compared to drivers whose blood samples showed their THC levels were above the legal limit, 13.5 per cent of drivers showed false-negatives, meaning the THC in their system was not detected by the oral screen.

PMEmail Poster
1SHOT
  Posted: Oct 29, 2018 - 11:35 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 7181

Blah Blah - Who Cares

PM

Topic Options Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace