Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Seafoam, On Sale
kevb81
Posted: Oct 18, 2018 - 03:03 pm

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 4937

Came across seafoam on sale at napa til October 31

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
owen21
Posted: Oct 18, 2018 - 04:53 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 4834

Thanks for the Heads Up!!

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Oct 18, 2018 - 05:49 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 156

Definitely thanks for the tip. That stuffs the best.

PMEmail Poster
Newburg007
Posted: Oct 20, 2018 - 07:14 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 10129

FYI: You can go on the NAPA web site and place an order to pick up, rather than heading to the local store for a hit-or-miss experience. Their site works well.

PMEmail Poster
fish hawk
Posted: Oct 24, 2018 - 05:30 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 374

Thanks for the update kevb81.

This is a good price and worth every dollar.
This stuff is one of the BEST on the market!!
It saved my outboard motor and my snowmobile from serious problem.
It works GREAT on fuel system, either on carburetor or fuel injection.

PMEmail Poster
Limacharley
Posted: Oct 24, 2018 - 07:17 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 11791

You guys recommend this product over Stabil fuel stabilizer?

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
fish hawk
Posted: Oct 24, 2018 - 07:39 am

Lunker Trout

Iam using both additives. But the big advantage of Seafoam is not only stabilizing but also CLEANING the entire fuel system . Long time ago I had problem with my outboard's fuel system and this stuff did a really good job.

Also one winter , I had really bad back firings on my snowmobile and my exhaust got red hot ......almost got on fire. I replaced spark plugs and gas used this Seafoam 50/50 with gas ( only 1 liter gas and 2 cans of this stuff. Ran snowmobile out on the lake . Cleaned out all 3 carburetors on my sled very well. I filled up with Shell V-Power gas and Seafoam out on the lake again.......full speed up and down.....with Seafoam in it .........the snowmobile was running very well....no more problem. Iam using this stuff regularly now, every year.

PMEmail Poster
Newburg007
Posted: Oct 24, 2018 - 08:10 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 10129

Over the course of a season, startup to winterizing, I tend to view stabilizer and Seafoam additives as someone here (I believe) described it.

Stabilizer is the ounce of prevention, while Seafoam is the pound of cure.

So, stabilizer added throughout the season, and Seafoam at its beginning and end. Has worked for many seasons.

PMEmail Poster
kevb81
Posted: Oct 24, 2018 - 10:07 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 4937

QUOTE (owen21 @ Oct 18, 2018 - 04:53 pm)
Thanks for the Heads Up!!

No worries may as well share with everyone. It can be used as a fuel stabilizer as well 30ml per 4 litres of fuel. Ive been using seafoam as a stabilizer no issues. It's like Frank's hot sauce I put that $h** on everything

PMEmail Poster
Lanternman75
Posted: Nov 05, 2018 - 02:56 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 11376

seafoam is great we use it in everything from 2 stoke engines to Coleman naptha lanterns and you would be amazed how clean it makes the generators and how long they will last. Seafoam creates a barrier layer ontop of the fuel so water molecules cannot bond to any ethanol in the fuel, I'm sure they all do this but i know for sure this is why seafoam works as a fuel stabilizer.

The real trick is to avoid using any fuel with ethanol unless its your daily driver car, ethanol is hydro-static so it attracts water in the air and will bond with it and this could cause rust in metal gas tanks, another issue is over time ethanol will break down and turn into something resembling sugar and this causes issues with gunk and can actually degrade your fuel lines if they are not designed to handle this usually older equipment. But just buy non ethanol gas for all your toys, i buy mine from the Deseronto native reserve but Costco premium and Canadian tire premium are both ethanol free from my testing.

If you want to be sure take a small amount of fuel and put it into a clear plastic water bottle, add a little water to this and mix, if it gets cloudy you have ethanol in the gas, if it separates into two layers water on bottom and gas on top you have 100% ethanol free gas, i test all my gas. if you are cheap and want to recover this test gas throw this into a freezer and the water layer will freeze and you can pour out the good gas.

PMEmail Poster
fish hawk
Posted: Nov 05, 2018 - 06:35 pm

Lunker Trout

QUOTE (Lanternman75 @ Nov 05, 2018 - 02:56 pm)
seafoam is great we use it in everything from 2 stoke engines to Coleman naptha lanterns and you would be amazed how clean it makes the generators and how long they will last.  Seafoam creates a barrier layer ontop of the fuel so water molecules cannot bond to any ethanol in the fuel, I'm sure they all do this but i know for sure this is why seafoam works as a fuel stabilizer.

The real trick is to avoid using any fuel with ethanol unless its your daily driver car, ethanol is hydro-static so it attracts water in the air and will bond with it and this could cause rust in metal gas tanks, another issue is over time ethanol will break down and turn into something resembling sugar and this causes issues with gunk and can actually degrade your fuel lines if they are not designed to handle this usually older equipment.  But just buy non ethanol gas for all your toys, i buy mine from the Deseronto native reserve but Costco premium and Canadian tire premium are both ethanol free from my testing.

If you want to be sure take a small amount of fuel and put it into a clear plastic water bottle, add a little water to this and mix, if it gets cloudy you have ethanol in the gas, if it separates into two layers water on bottom and gas on top you have 100% ethanol free gas, i test all my gas.  if you are cheap and want to recover this test gas throw this into a freezer and the water layer will freeze and you can pour out the good gas.

This test is very interesting. I think I'm going to do that.

The regular gas can have Ethanol up to 10%. I heard some Premium gas can have 4% Ethanol in their gas.

I know Shell V-Power has No Ethanol at all.

The only problem with Shell V-Power it's pricey and never goes on sale.

But it's a very good gas, I also use it in all my toys.

PMEmail Poster
Fisherman
Posted: Nov 05, 2018 - 07:19 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 25

QUOTE (Lanternman75 @ Nov 05, 2018 - 02:56 pm)
If you want to be sure take a small amount of fuel and put it into a clear plastic water bottle, add a little water to this and mix, if it gets cloudy you have ethanol in the gas, if it separates into two layers water on bottom and gas on top you have 100% ethanol free gas, i test all my gas. if you are cheap and want to recover this test gas throw this into a freezer and the water layer will freeze and you can pour out the good gas.

I'll have to try that.

PM
Bayliner
Posted: Nov 05, 2018 - 07:39 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 22

I found a smaller distributor that supplies ethanol free regular to local stations.

I've been using it for over a year now and zero ethanol issues.

PMEmail Poster
Fisherman
Posted: Nov 05, 2018 - 09:11 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 25

QUOTE (Bayliner @ Nov 05, 2018 - 07:39 pm)
I found a smaller distributor that supplies ethanol free regular to local stations.

I've been using it for over a year now and zero ethanol issues.

You got lucky too, I found one and get mine for the ATV and O/B there. The smell is different than corngas.

PM
mukluk
Posted: Nov 05, 2018 - 09:31 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 49

https://www.pure-gas.org/

A link to gas stations that offer ethanol free gas.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace