Ľ Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> hot dog vendors on the ice?
hrny4fish
Posted: Nov 05, 2018 - 06:34 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 12544

Anyone ever see hot dog carts on the ice? i am interested in starting a mobile one and wonder about the regulations (is any) and if theres any interest. Comments are welcome

PMEmail Poster
fishmagnet
Posted: Nov 05, 2018 - 07:14 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 515

I'm sure there will be lots of guys and gals with the munchies this winter on the ice.. Good luck..

PMEmail Poster
Fisherman
Posted: Nov 05, 2018 - 07:16 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 25

Wish you good luck. Haven't heard anyone thinking about a mobile doobie dispensary.

PM
Bayliner
Posted: Nov 05, 2018 - 07:29 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 22

If I fished hard water, I'd love to have this service near me. I wouldn't care about the price either. Bring it on!!!!

PMEmail Poster
1SHOT
  Posted: Nov 05, 2018 - 07:34 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 7181

Fishing Tamagami long time ago, I remember a guy would come around to all the Huts and Collect all the Ling Cod caught through the Night, and for a small free was a open Ice Fish Fry.. Dam good times.. Same kind but not the Same. Sign me up...

PM
backwoodsmanbob
Posted: Nov 05, 2018 - 10:42 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Member No.: 98

For many years we have a gent from Pefferlaw run an atv with a big green box run around the east side of the lake with food, coffee, cigarettes, etc. He stopped many years ago but many people waited for him every day. He was in the perch and trout grounds. Some days were tough running unit he got tracks. He did ok and I always bought something when he knocked on my hut door. Even if I did not need anything but wanted a visit when he was around. In case.

Remember that this type of service costs lots so he must make lots of sales.

PMEmail Poster
Chuck Enwinde
Posted: Nov 06, 2018 - 12:47 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 6034

QUOTE (backwoodsmanbob @ Nov 05, 2018 - 11:42 pm)
For many years we have a gent from Pefferlaw run an atv with a big green box run around the east side of the lake with food, coffee, cigarettes, etc. He stopped many years ago but many people waited for him every day. He was in the perch and trout grounds. Some days were tough running unit he got tracks. He did ok and I always bought something when he knocked on my hut door. Even if I did not need anything but wanted a visit when he was around. In case.

Remember that this type of service costs lots so he must make lots of sales.

I remember him well. Used to love his tip ups and spreaders. Don't know if I'd recommend it as a business endeavour but I'd be happy to support it.

PMEmail Poster
Fishsniffer
Posted: Nov 06, 2018 - 06:25 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 1597

Used to see them at the end of Gilford rd. Hot dogs , coffee , Hot Choclate .
Havenít seen them in a while .

I usally pack my own wieners for the ice. It sure is a pain in the *** lugging around fry pans , oil , cutlery , etc . Bring the wieners on !!!!!

PMEmail Poster
Limacharley
Posted: Nov 06, 2018 - 09:30 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 11791

hrny4fish

I imagine one would need a vendor's permit or a licence from city hall of the town you plan on operating out of and notify your insurance company.
Unless you want to keep it on the downlow? Only take cash and suffer the consequences if someone was to get sick on your hot dogs???
There is gov't money for initiatives like what you're suggesting. Talk to the economic development office at city hall.
You may even qualify for a little seed money to start you off.
Who knows, maybe in a couple of years you have a fleet covering all of Simcoe.

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
metalbuckle
Posted: Nov 06, 2018 - 10:31 am

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

Lots of people have tried to run a "food business" on the ice. It is a great idea and would be a great service for the hut cities that spring up on Lake Simcoe every winter. But unfortunately these businesses either never get off the ground or don't last..

I can only imagine it has to do with the main variable affecting mobility - ice conditions.

Some years, not enough ice, some years too much snow, some years bad weather. Not sure what else to say, it's tough. It's not like running a food cart outside the local Canadian Tire or Toronto street corner.. You are on ice on a lake. Travel is a problem. All the best to you and good luck.

PMEmail Poster
trapperdirk
Posted: Nov 06, 2018 - 11:24 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 4400

Yup seen a few on different lakes and always supported them but never heard of one lasting more than a few years at most . I remember that lad at Pefferlaw too .

TD

PM
glennd
Posted: Nov 06, 2018 - 12:50 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 13375

It definitely is a thing in NE South Dakota here in the US they have all the banners and everything like you see at the big bass tournaments itís kinda cool !! You donít see it on all the lakes but the more popular ones closer to a bigger town.

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Nov 06, 2018 - 02:11 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Member No.: 1282

I seen down in Minnesota where they have on ice bars during ice fishing season, they have holes in the floor so you can fish from your bar stool and offer shooters with live minnows in them

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Nov 06, 2018 - 02:30 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Member No.: 1282

This was found in one of these bars

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
GrandRiverWill
Posted: Nov 06, 2018 - 03:01 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 12632

Not a bad idea, but I think you will find that permits $$$ will financially deter you.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace