Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> fishing report 1st-3rd of march
flugsy
Posted: Mar 06, 2019 - 07:49 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 1707

Back to Nipissing for a second weekend, this time to celebrate my sons 30th birthday, accompanied by my wife, her fisrt time ice fishing on nipi. fishing Friday was excellent, especially in the morning, fishing relatively shallow, 15ft, we landed 26 walleye, (no keepers)3 pike, 4 perch and 2 herring. son got the best birthday present, fishing a frozen sardine below a flag tip-up, he hooked and landed a 13.5 lb pike, not only a personal best but biggest fish in the resort for the season. Probably heard him whoop it up in Toronto!!
Saturday was slower, had to fish hard for 9 walleye 2 pike, 2 perch and a small burbot. son lost another large pike at the hole.(probably sell out of frozen sardines at loblaws in Northbay now ).
Sunday we only fished for about two hours, fishing was hot, 15 walleye, God knows what the number may have been had we been able to stay.
95% of fish were caught on still lines, lots of follower on the hummingbird while jigging, but not a lot of takers.
No keeper walleye, but who cares, great weekend. Its pretty much a lottery anyway, the shack next door while not getting anywhere close to the numbers landed three keepers over the weekend.
Once again, thanks to our hosts, service really is the best, say no more. Thanks also to my wife for making the trip, shes hooked. And thanks to my son for following so closelly in his daddys footprints.
I have pictures of the pike, if I could ever figure out how to post pictures here

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Mar 06, 2019 - 09:40 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1282

Nice flugsy, sounds like you guys had a great time. Great that you were able to share it with the important people in your life, makes it that much better. Congrats to your son on the new pb pike, great birthday gift.

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: Mar 06, 2019 - 09:51 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 118

great report

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
kokemachine
Posted: Mar 09, 2019 - 09:21 am

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 4328

Frozen sardines, eh...I'll have to give that a try.

PMEmail Poster
flugsy
Posted: Mar 09, 2019 - 10:01 am

Alevin

plenty of pike in the lake, give it a go. He lost another big one the next day when one of the hooks snagged the bottom of the hole. word of warning, dont keep the sardines inside your truck, you will never get rid of the smell!!!:)

PMEmail Poster
flugsy
Posted: Mar 09, 2019 - 12:16 pm

Alevin

on a different subject, just how daft are fish really!!! Hooked and broke off a walleye last weekend leaving the stinger hook in the fish, hooked the same fish 20 minutes later with the minnow and the stiger hook still in its mouth.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace