Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Archery On The Ice, Something to do while waiting for spring
kokemachine
Posted: Apr 15, 2019 - 08:30 am

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 4328

Hey Folks,

It's been a little while since I've posted any videos. After this year's Nipissing ice fishing season finished I felt a little bit confused and disoriented about what my life was about. It's hard to shake 2.5 months of nearly unlimited ice fishing. In lieu of that I've been trying to take advantage of the massive icy backyard I have here. A few days back I got out my recurve bow and rocked some Archery On The Ice. Lot's of space out there. Is anyone else on the board into archery? I really enjoy it and I'm looking forward to a summer of honing my skills at the local archery range. Here's my vid:
[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/-acJSZBN8rY[/YOUTUBE]

PMEmail Poster
westarm
Posted: Apr 15, 2019 - 09:40 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 8318

love it koke! really nice looking bow, it looks to me like your pretty accurate with it.
I got my daughter into archery a little bit, we picked up a round bail of hay and made a target. lots of fun. she also loved shooting a 22 as well. we enjoy shooting sports as well. cheers! although pic is somewhat outdated as my daughter is going to be 14 this year its one of my favourites.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
4 trax
Posted: Apr 15, 2019 - 03:02 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 15006

How far is the walk when you miss? I wouldn't want to have to chase one out of my Excalibur micro.

PMEmail Poster
Mr Meat
Posted: Apr 15, 2019 - 05:47 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 15336

Good shooting! Going to be a long walk if you miss

PMEmail Poster
kokemachine
Posted: Apr 15, 2019 - 09:44 pm

Lunker Trout

QUOTE (westarm @ Apr 15, 2019 - 09:40 am)
love it koke! really nice looking bow, it looks to me like your pretty accurate with it.
I got my daughter into archery a little bit, we picked up a round bail of hay and made a target. lots of fun. she also loved shooting a 22 as well. we enjoy shooting sports as well. cheers! although pic is somewhat outdated as my daughter is going to be 14 this year its one of my favourites.

Nice pic. Thanks for the good words. In addition to archery I as well enjoy shooting sports. Once the bush clears of snow I'm hoping to get out to some back woods pits for some skeet shooting.

PMEmail Poster
kokemachine
Posted: Apr 15, 2019 - 09:48 pm

Lunker Trout

QUOTE (4 trax @ Apr 15, 2019 - 03:02 pm)
How far is the walk when you miss? I wouldn't want to have to chase one out of my Excalibur micro.

I had to walk a good 50 yards on a few misses. Luckily the arrows generally get lodged in the snow behind the target. I know if missed with my compound bow I'd have a hard time finding the arrow. I'm sure if you missed with your Excalibur Micro you'd have to go for quite a walk if the bolt didn't disappear in the ice forever. But, I'm sure you'd agree, it would be pretty hard to miss with an Excal.

PMEmail Poster
westarm
Posted: Apr 16, 2019 - 10:40 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 8318

QUOTE (kokemachine @ Apr 15, 2019 - 10:44 pm)
QUOTE (westarm @ Apr 15, 2019 - 09:40 am)

Nice pic. Thanks for the good words. In addition to archery I as well enjoy shooting sports. Once the bush clears of snow I'm hoping to get out to some back woods pits for some skeet shooting.

thanks koke, and your welcome.

nothing like back woods skeet/trap shooting, great times.

PMEmail Poster
Northhunter
Posted: Apr 18, 2019 - 02:01 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 3521

We had a spot that was a hill overlooking a bit of a bog.. with standing dead pine trees throughout. It was a good place to throw clays. They would travel far and sometimes skip off the tree trunks. I would load up a case of shells (250 rounds) and we'd go through them all in a morning/afternoon. Good times

PMEmail Poster
kokemachine
Posted: Apr 20, 2019 - 04:41 am

Lunker Trout

QUOTE (Northhunter @ Apr 18, 2019 - 02:01 am)
We had a spot that was a hill overlooking a bit of a bog.. with standing dead pine trees throughout. It was a good place to throw clays. They would travel far and sometimes skip off the tree trunks. I would load up a case of shells (250 rounds) and we'd go through them all in a morning/afternoon. Good times

Nice. That sounds like a good spot for skeet. Sure gets the blood pumping.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace