Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Fishing Forum
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> River question
sniperlee
Posted: Nov 08, 2018 - 01:58 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 939

QUOTE (yakfisher @ Nov 08, 2018 - 01:44 pm)
There is another app you can get that is sometimes more reliable than the government one.
You may have to pay a couple of bucks. It is called RiverApp.
It is designed for kayakers however it has all the info you will need for the levels.
I find it more user friendly than the government site as well.

Thnx for that info. App downloaded (free) it's much easier to navigate.

PMEmail Poster
oogie8
Posted: Nov 10, 2018 - 12:17 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 8485

Another tip i can give you is, with brown water, you also have a higher velocity of current, i like to bulk up on my shot, making sure i get down quick, sometimes a bigger float is necessary, i think bulking up is better than long leads, since you want the fish to see your bait before they get hit in the nose with your shot, also running tandem can help, a 5-8 mm bead 6 above a large roe bag helps get you down fast and adds colour and presence. Fish will also position differently in high dirty water, try fishing shallower, and slower seams, outside edges of tailouts are especially good, sometimes these things help, but sometimes you just have to throw your middle finger up at the chocolate beast and say, i guess it beats working!

PMEmail Poster
sniperlee
Posted: Nov 10, 2018 - 03:47 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 939

QUOTE (oogie8 @ Nov 10, 2018 - 12:17 pm)
Another tip i can give you is, with brown water, you also have a higher velocity of current, i like to bulk up on my shot, making sure i get down quick, sometimes a bigger float is necessary, i think bulking up is better than long leads, since you want the fish to see your bait before they get hit in the nose with your shot, also running tandem can help, a 5-8 mm bead 6 above a large roe bag helps get you down fast and adds colour and presence. Fish will also position differently in high dirty water, try fishing shallower, and slower seams, outside edges of tailouts are especially good, sometimes these things help, but sometimes you just have to throw your middle finger up at the chocolate beast and say, i guess it beats working!

Good tips. Thank you. Tried a couple of those, tandem and heavier shots. What i havent tried as you suggested is to fish different water. I've been beating the same positions in the pool. I forgot to consider other water because I'm a deep pool fisherman. I don't normally fish runs and seams mid river. Even though i have one run i always fish that produces for me. I have to get low water conditions out of my head. I Will put into practice tomorrow what I've learned this week. Hopefully it pays off and if not I've learned how to fish differently. Gotta adapt.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Great Lakes
Fishing forum for the Great Lakes & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in the Great Lakes!

Marketplace