Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Ice Fish Finders, Which one to get for inside hut?
Hydargos
Posted: Dec 03, 2019 - 10:02 am

Fry

Group: Members
Member No.: 11839

I am considering the Garmin Striker 4 with ice pack and battery. Low cost (approx $260). It includes GPS, regular fish finder settings and also flasher for ice fishing. I want something I can also use on my small boat. Anyone have this fish finder? Any comments?

PMEmail Poster
gunoieru
Posted: Yesterday at 09:52 am

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 10878

QUOTE (Hydargos @ Dec 03, 2019 - 10:02 am)
I am considering the Garmin Striker 4 with ice pack and battery. Low cost (approx $260). It includes GPS, regular fish finder settings and also flasher for ice fishing. I want something I can also use on my small boat. Anyone have this fish finder? Any comments?

i did some research and i'm about to buy this as well, just the not with the portable package. imo, all you get for the extra $100 is a battery and a bag. on amazon.ca it will cost you $60 for 2 12V 12AH batteries which will last you for a week, useful if you want to leave it on for full 3 days (night included).
included transducer is good enough for ice provided that you can make it point straight down.

PMEmail Poster
Hydargos
Posted: Yesterday at 11:07 am

Fry

Group: Members
Member No.: 11839

QUOTE (gunoieru @ Dec 05, 2019 - 09:52 am)
QUOTE (Hydargos @ Dec 03, 2019 - 10:02 am)

i did some research and i'm about to buy this as well, just the not with the portable package. imo, all you get for the extra $100 is a battery and a bag. on amazon.ca it will cost you $60 for 2 12V 12AH batteries which will last you for a week, useful if you want to leave it on for full 3 days (night included).
included transducer is good enough for ice provided that you can make it point straight down.

Thanks for the insight. I just think the bag makes it easier to carry around (locks unit in a base) which can be used also in a boat. I had a Lowrance unit on my other boat and I purchased the Ice pack. Same kind of system. For the price, this makes sense for me. I am not willing to pay over $500 for just a flasher...

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace