Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Open liquor on a boat
dmorrs35
Posted: Jul 30, 2018 - 12:38 pm

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 8547

QUOTE (Fisherman @ Jul 30, 2018 - 08:28 am)
If you don't have a drivers licence, they will create a file on you so if you ever go to get a licence there'll already be a black mark.

Fisherman, I agree to an extent... the issue with that is the boating license is just a cash grab from the government over something they actually care about. you pass a 20 question multiple test designed so the extremely stupid and people without common sense can pass... government gets the license fee, taxes when you buy/rent a boat, they don't care... my mom who had never been in a boat until she was 30, never read the handbook, never actually drove a boat in her life (even to this day), sat down in the boat the first time and asked "where is the gas pedal and your break?" "why doesn't your steering wheel have a horn?" passed the test and can legally drive a boat... the testing process SHOULD be a written test, much harder than it is, AND a driving test... the government doesn't actually care about the license, because they get the money for those responsible enough to get the license, and then can charge those who get caught without one. don't get me started on the driver's license for cars...

PMEmail Poster
sabmgb
Posted: Jul 30, 2018 - 02:02 pm

Fry

Member No.: 15901

Boat licenses are such a joke, even when you had to sit in a class. I sat in the class that my 2 boys took (I have had license since started), some one else's kid failed, instructor went over the wrong answers by saying are you sure you didn't mean D. Another adult couldn't read answered zero questions and passed. All a joke.

PMEmail Poster
Fish4Dinner
Posted: Jul 30, 2018 - 08:02 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 26

The guys were charged with open liquor... not operating under the influence. So like one said above... some passages like to enjoy a drink or two.... a ticket not worth arguing over really.

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: Jul 30, 2018 - 09:03 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

it's so simple I wonder every day cause I see it every day.

no booze while vessel under power......only at anchor or at the dock.

I have a zero tolerance policy on my boat, and have heard every argument known to man why 'we should be able to have a couple of beers etc."

NO/zero/none. get used to it

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Fisherman
Posted: Jul 30, 2018 - 10:33 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 25

QUOTE (Longshank @ Jul 30, 2018 - 09:03 pm)
it's so simple I wonder every day cause I see it every day.

no booze while vessel under power......only at anchor or at the dock.

I have a zero tolerance policy on my boat, and have heard every argument known to man why 'we should be able to have a couple of beers etc."

NO/zero/none. get used to it

Amen. You could probably write a good book why you need booze.

PM

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace