Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Wormy perch?
Fossil Fish
Posted: Aug 13, 2019 - 01:31 pm

Smolt Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 4236

I've been so occupied chasing oddball species, I haven't had a chance to get out and try for a feed of perch. If I was to get on them in Simcoe or Cook's, what are the chances they'd be full of worms this time of year. I've read all the posts about them being safe if prepared correctly, and just cut out the worms, but I'm not up for that, and if the wife or kids saw any, forget it. Thanks in advance

PMEmail Poster
Chuck Enwinde
Posted: Aug 14, 2019 - 12:50 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 6034

If you can find them, chances are good that they'll be free of worms. The worms will usually be evident in the gills or at the start of the tail.

PMEmail Poster
VBB
Posted: Aug 14, 2019 - 01:50 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 9650

I caught a bunch of jumbos trolling for pike recently. I released but all looked nice and clean.

PMEmail Poster
xiaolu
Posted: Aug 14, 2019 - 04:11 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 50

Did you mention perch from Simcoe or Cook's? Not wormy at all. Had you said Couchiching, they could have been very wormy:-)

PMEmail PosterYahoo
Putaforkinya
Posted: Aug 14, 2019 - 04:55 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 3100

Have u ever eaten cod?

Just Google worms in cod and see the nice picture come up. Big long ones too. And they still sell them in stores, sometimes just picking them out if possible. Weirdly enough in cod it is said that if the worms are still alive your fish is fresh Some fish just get them, it's no bog deal. Just cook them and you'll be fine. But... u have to of course catch em first. Good luck

PMEmail Poster
poidy
Posted: Aug 15, 2019 - 12:35 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 4591

QUOTE (xiaolu @ Aug 14, 2019 - 04:11 am)
Did you mention perch from Simcoe or Cook's? Not wormy at all. Had you said Couchiching, they could have been very wormy:-)

x2 off of Big Chief and south

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Dee004
Posted: Aug 17, 2019 - 03:42 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 12369

Got 4 good size perch Wednesday and 8 yesterday in Cooks all worm free.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace