Ľ Fishing Forum  Fishing Regulations  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Temagami - first trip on feb 22, Let's chat about structure, baits, etc.
JustJiggin
Posted: Feb 07, 2020 - 06:51 am

Smolt Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 9565

Excellent responses, thanks everyone.

I feel like Iím back playing hockey and just got one helluva pep talk from the coach. Lol.

Iíll be sure to take note of everything we try and report back. Hopefully we can add to the wealth of knowledge here.

Fingers crossed for a Temagami Grand Salami - a trout, whitie and a burb. (Any other species would be a bonus in my mind)

Cheers

PMEmail Poster
mitchsky
Posted: Feb 08, 2020 - 02:41 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 2509

Good luck.
I'm going up to Temagami the week after you.
I'll have to try some of these helpful tips!
I look forward to hearing how your trip was.

PMEmail Poster
randyvt
Posted: Feb 16, 2020 - 05:09 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 2615

alot of good info here thanks guys

PMEmail Poster
steelheader
Posted: Feb 16, 2020 - 09:59 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 315

Temagami can be a frustrating lake t o fish , Have fished it summer and winter for about 40 yrs and it's always a new learning experience ..

Summer for walleye , drifting a worm harness over shoals or throwing small body baits to islands in the evening , main problem for us is finding fish not in the slot ..one out of 17 ??

Our go to for winter was jigging a chartruse pimple with minnow tail for trout , vary in depth presentation and a tip up with spreader for whities ..

Then there was last year , went up with a fellow member , tried all the regular presentations , pimple , jigging raps, even slip float with a tube jig .. They ignored our offerings for the most part

Turned out best bait for us was the simple minnow with #6 hook and a minnow , who knows ??

Think I've found a partner for our annual trip , We go the last week of trout and this year I'm sure as little green apples Temagami will once again show us we don't know it all..

PMEmail Poster
grampa
Posted: Feb 16, 2020 - 05:50 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 7317

we have been going up for the past 6 years heading up the first week in march this year . last year the walleye bite was good with most fish taken on jig head tipped with a minnow managed to come home with my limit with many slot fish released. trout fishing was a little slow with a couple taken with deadstick minnows. conditions last year was terrible too much slush to fish other than areas near established trails. just talked to my outfitter so far conditions are good

PMEmail Poster
JustJiggin
Posted: Feb 18, 2020 - 10:24 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 9565

Thanks again everyone. The countdown is on now!

I will post a detailed report upon returning and be sure to give credit to anyone who suggested tactics that produce.

PMEmail Poster
Ron gula
Posted: Yesterday at 09:35 am

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 5016

How is the fishing? Would be great to get a real time Temagami update!

PMEmail Poster
Ron gula
Posted: Yesterday at 09:41 am

Alevin

These are from a few years ago. Great morning on the top ups!

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Ron gula
Posted: Yesterday at 09:41 am

Alevin

Tip ups!;)

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Northern Lakes
Fishing forum for Northern Ontario, including Muskoka, Algonquin & Bancroft Area Lakes. Fishing for brook trout, lake trout, bass, walleye, pickerel, muskie, pike, crappie, perch, splake and more. Northern Ontario fishing at it's Best!