Outdoors Forum
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2 3 4 > »»   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Wow!, $30 reel
canuckskin
Posted: Mar 26, 2018 - 08:49 pm

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 12767

no , no duty at all.

it came in two weeks. I ordered it march 11th

free shipping is the real kicker though.. can't beat that.

PMEmail Poster
JayC
Posted: Mar 26, 2018 - 08:55 pm

Fry

Member No.: 9648

Thats not bad at all. Maybe I will shell out and try one.

PMEmail Poster
canuckskin
Posted: Mar 26, 2018 - 09:03 pm

Lunker Trout

wait a couple of days for the sale. save yourself a couple of bucks for a coffee...

PMEmail Poster
Putaforkinya
Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 08:18 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 3100

Glad you got it through a 3rd party website. I don't have enough bad things to say about kastking as a company customer service wise.
I Bought a reel from them last year through Ebay they sent me a right handed reel when I ordered a left handed reel. No biggie I thought, so told them and they told me they will send me a left handed reel and that I should sell this one if I don't want it but I would still have to pay for it. In my mind I'm like first of all it's not my fault u sent me the wrong one amd yet now im supposed to be a salesman? and secondly u need to at the very least give me a deal if I'm going to do that other wise they're just tricking people into buying 2 reels when they only want one. Any ways I tried to sell it at cost and couldn't so told them either give me a better deal on new one or take this one back. They said I could send it back and would pay for the mail costs. I sent it back and they said they couldn't give me money back unless I show proof that I sent it to them, a tracking number apparently wasn't enough. I had to dig for my receipt and emailed it to them. Then they started trying to sell me 2 reels and weren't giving me my money back for shipping cost. After months of going through this the 3 month deadline to leave feedback on ebay was fast approaching and they now started ignoring me altogether and didn't even send me a new reel. I left them bad review on ebay and that of course got thier attention real quick. They were messaging me to reverse my bad review or else I wouldn't get my shipping money. Now furious I told them that I will take the hit of the shipping cost and instead tell every single person I know about my experience with kastking and that in the end they would lose.

Sorry to highjack the thread canuck, this just brought back memories of what I went through last year.
Your reel does look nice though. Glad u got it so cheap and didn't have to go through what i went through.

PMEmail Poster
toothhealer88
Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 08:30 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 689

Damn what a scam Putaforkinya.Sorry to hear that.But glad you made us aware that such bad customer service can exist so another person doesn't get burned.Regards Alan

PMEmail Poster
GrandRiverWill
Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 08:36 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 12632

You always get what ya pay for. Just because it has 11 ball bearings doesn't mean its good.

Be wary if its made in China

Check the seals, if there are any, and make sure it will prevent dirt/sand from getting into the reel bearings because that's how they sh*t out reel quick

PMEmail Poster
thrillhouse
Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 08:45 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 3420

I'm interested in a review after a full season of fishing. I've seen the reviews online for their spinning and baitcast gear, but alot of them seem to be just an out of the box review without any actual fishing done yet. Maybe mid summer you can give us an update as to how the reel is holding up?

PMEmail Poster
canuckskin
Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 08:50 am

Lunker Trout

QUOTE (GrandRiverWill @ Mar 27, 2018 - 09:36 am)
You always get what ya pay for. Just because it has 11 ball bearings doesn't mean its good.

Be wary if its made in China

Check the seals, if there are any, and make sure it will prevent dirt/sand from getting into the reel bearings because that's how they sh*t out reel quick

What isn't made in china????

PMEmail Poster
canuckskin
Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 09:06 am

Lunker Trout

QUOTE (Putaforkinya @ Mar 27, 2018 - 09:18 am)
Glad you got it through a 3rd party website. I don't have enough bad things to say about kastking as a company customer service wise.
I Bought a reel from them last year through Ebay they sent me a right handed reel when I ordered a left handed reel. No biggie I thought, so told them  and they told me they will send me a left handed reel and that I should sell this one if I don't want it but I would still have to pay for it. In my mind I'm  like first of all it's not my fault u sent me the wrong one amd yet now im supposed to be a salesman? and secondly u need to at the very least give me a deal if I'm going to do that other wise they're just tricking people into buying 2 reels when they only want one. Any ways I tried to sell it at cost and couldn't so told them either give me a better deal on new one or take this one back. They said I could send it back and would pay for the mail  costs. I sent it back and they said they couldn't give me money back unless I show proof that I sent it to them, a tracking number apparently wasn't enough. I had to dig for my receipt and emailed it to them. Then they started trying to sell me 2 reels and weren't giving me my money back for shipping cost. After months of going through this the 3 month deadline to leave feedback on ebay was fast approaching and they now started ignoring me altogether and didn't even send me a new reel. I left them bad review on ebay and that of course got thier attention real quick. They were messaging me to reverse my bad review or else I wouldn't get my shipping money. Now furious I told them that I will take the hit of the shipping cost and instead tell every single person I know about my experience with kastking and that in the end they would lose.

Sorry to highjack the thread canuck, this just brought back memories of what I went through last year.
Your reel does look nice though. Glad u got it so cheap and didn't have to go through what i went through.

How has the reel been for you???

PMEmail Poster
Lanternman75
Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 10:38 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 11376

What isn't made in china????

the stuff made in India

PMEmail Poster
Putaforkinya
Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 10:39 am

World Record Trout

QUOTE (canuckskin @ Mar 27, 2018 - 10:06 am)
QUOTE (Putaforkinya @ Mar 27, 2018 - 09:18 am)
I Bought a reel from them last year through Ebay they sent me a right handed reel when I ordered a left handed reel. No biggie I thought, so told them  and they told me they will send me a left handed reel and that I should sell this one if I don't want it but I would still have to pay for it. In my mind I'm  like first of all it's not my fault u sent me the wrong one amd yet now im supposed to be a salesman? and secondly u need to at the very least give me a deal if I'm going to do that other wise they're just tricking people into buying 2 reels when they only want one. Any ways I tried to sell it at cost and couldn't so told them either give me a better deal on new one or take this one back. They said I could send it back and would pay for the mail  costs. I sent it back and they said they couldn't give me money back unless I show proof that I sent it to them, a tracking number apparently wasn't enough. I had to dig for my receipt and emailed it to them. Then they started trying to sell me 2 reels and weren't giving me my money back for shipping cost. After months of going through this the 3 month deadline to leave feedback on ebay was fast approaching and they now started ignoring me altogether and didn't even send me a new reel. I left them bad review on ebay and that of course got thier attention real quick. They were messaging me to reverse my bad review or else I wouldn't get my shipping money. Now furious I told them that I will take the hit of the shipping cost and instead tell every single person I know about my experience with kastking and that in the end they would lose.

How has the reel been for you???

I never got to use it. He never sent me a left-handed one and I sent him back the right handed 1 that they didn't send me shipping for.

PMEmail Poster
Nado
Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 11:11 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 8095

Ive been eyeing up the Kodiak Saltwater edition and it seems pretty high end. Stainless steel main shaft, cast alloy drive gear, brass pinion gear, main body is all aluminum, aluminum rotor, carbon fiber drag, fully sealed body etc.

These are the kind of specs that you see in high end reels in the $300-500 range. Even my Shimano Saros which I paid at least $150 for is mostly plastic.

They have an official store on ali express with all of their products.

Kast King Store

PMEmail Poster
Putaforkinya
Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 11:51 am

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Nado @ Mar 27, 2018 - 12:11 pm)
Ive been eyeing up the Kodiak Saltwater edition and it seems pretty high end. Stainless steel main shaft, cast alloy drive gear, brass pinion gear, main body is all aluminum, aluminum rotor, carbon fiber drag, fully sealed body etc.

These are the kind of specs that you see in high end reels in the $300-500 range. Even my Shimano Saros which I paid at least $150 for is mostly plastic.

Kast King Store

Perfect. Go to the store and get ripped off straight from the source.
Hopefully they send everyone the right stuff

PMEmail Poster
Nado
Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 11:58 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 8095

QUOTE (Putaforkinya @ Mar 27, 2018 - 11:51 am)

Kast King Store

That is still through Ali Express but with an official store you know it isn't another factory in china selling a knockoff.

Your experience does sound pretty crappy, almost worse than dealing with Bell or Rogers here but that Kodiak has really peaked my interest.

PMEmail Poster
Putaforkinya
Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 12:08 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Nado @ Mar 27, 2018 - 12:58 pm)
QUOTE (Putaforkinya @ Mar 27, 2018 - 11:51 am)

Kast King Store

That is still through Ali Express but with an official store you know it isn't another factory in china selling a knockoff.

Your experience does sound pretty crappy, almost worse than dealing with Bell or Rogers here but that Kodiak has really peaked my interest.

Same as me buying it through them on ebay. It was definitely kastking ripping me off not a Chinese knock of lol.

Their superspeed spool was what sucked me in....

At least Rogers and bell use lube is all I can say lol.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2 3 4 > »»  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Marketplace