Outdoors Forum
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Trufuel
Chevy
Posted: Sep 25, 2018 - 01:37 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 156

Anyone use this product ? I thought I'd give it a try for my auger this coming season. I like how compact it is.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Fisherman
Posted: Sep 25, 2018 - 01:54 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 25

At roughly $10 a litre, I'd lick a hole in the ice before I pay that. Nothing more than non ethanol gas with a shot of stabilizer.

PM
Chevy
Posted: Sep 25, 2018 - 03:06 pm

World Record Trout

A very good point. I didn't consider the monetary side only the convenience. I use premium fuel in all my small engines with stabilizer as well. I may reconsider my purchase. I guess if anything I can refill the container with my own mixed gas.
Thanks for your input
That licking threw the ice talent must come in handy at bachelor parties
Sorry, I couldn't hold my tongue

PMEmail Poster
Newburg007
Posted: Sep 25, 2018 - 04:56 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 10129

My first concern with it is the age of the fuel? Time/seasons on shelf?
Like you suggests, it was purchased for convenience on an ice fishing weekend. The auger didn't like it and struggled -- unusual for this machine.
I reused the can for a fresh mix and kept it for a traveler.
A point of laziness for choosing. Plain and simple, ......and guilty as charged!

PMEmail Poster
Bayliner
Posted: Sep 25, 2018 - 06:24 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 22

I tell the wifey I need a day in the shed to prepare my 2 stroke fuels. I usually pick a crappy day. She doesn't know any better, so I get a day away from the honey-do list goofing off in my man cave drinking beer.

Chevy, you need to start thinking like a man.

Oh ya, there are no coffee tables in my shed if you ever want to come up to be a 2 stroke fuel chemist some time.

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Sep 25, 2018 - 07:55 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Newburg007 @ Sep 25, 2018 - 04:56 pm)
My first concern with it is the age of the fuel? Time/seasons on shelf?
Like you suggests, it was purchased for convenience on an ice fishing weekend. The auger didn't like it and struggled -- unusual for this machine.
I reused the can for a fresh mix and kept it for a traveler.
A point of laziness for choosing. Plain and simple, ......and guilty as charged!

Yes, 100% guilty. Upon reflection of my purchase I realize the people who encourage me are sorta lazy and also have much deeper pockets then myself. Thanks for the eye opener

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Sep 25, 2018 - 08:01 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Bayliner @ Sep 25, 2018 - 06:24 pm)
I tell the wifey I need a day in the shed to prepare my 2 stroke fuels. I usually pick a crappy day. She doesn't know any better, so I get a day away from the honey-do list goofing off in my man cave drinking beer.

Chevy, you need to start thinking like a man.

Oh ya, there are no coffee tables in my shed if you ever want to come up to be a 2 stroke fuel chemist some time.

Lord knows l love the way you think John. Mixed drinks , mixed fuel in a man cave without a coffee table...what could go wrong.
I've been unable meeting you on a couple of occasions, playing chemistry with fuel and a beverage sounds fun

PMEmail Poster
Fisherman
Posted: Sep 25, 2018 - 09:08 pm

World Record Trout

I'm always a proponent of mix only what you need for a month, be it chain saw, weed wacker or ice auger. Best thing you can find is a fuel bottle, they use them in camping for naphtha gas. They are pretty rugged and can be had in different sizes. If you start with a full tank on the auger and a fuel bottle back up, you'll easily have enough for a day or two. I honestly never used more than a tank full in a month and never more than 3 litres in a winter.

PM
CousinHippy
Posted: Sep 26, 2018 - 01:50 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 8483

I love trufuel/motomix/whatever synthetic fuels are out there! All I run in my small use it once a year stuff. I have had it bring a chainsaw back to life that hadn't Run in 10 to 15 years and I tell everyone I know to run it in their stuff because it's always me that has to fix it after it has sat... And yes even the guys that run "premium no ethanol gas and stabilizer" any station that tells you there's no ethanol in their premium is full of it unless they have a dedicated pump. And I don't have time to spend a day mixing and stabilizing... Especially if I want to spend any time fishing so $10/l for magic in a bottle works for me!

PMEmail Poster
Fisherman
Posted: Sep 26, 2018 - 04:45 pm

World Record Trout

Yes the dedicated hose or one that sells non ethanol super and regular.

PM
cottagebum
Posted: Sep 27, 2018 - 11:29 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 3088

I love the stuff. I run the 40:1(green can) in my auger, and have never had issues, even though my auger usually runs 24:1. The stuff is stable for 5 years if unopened, and 2 years once you pop the top. At $8.99 a can, it lasts me an entire season. My auger is the only 2 stroke engine I own, so I'll gladly pay for the convenience of not having to mix fuel...

PMEmail Poster
sabmgb
Posted: Sep 27, 2018 - 01:16 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 15901

I have never tried it. I mix 500ml or L at a time depending on what I'm doing. I never make more than I need and always put stabilizer in. I have had my chain saw sit for almost 10years. Took to the bush to help landowner. Mine started and worked all day, his to that are top of line and uses all the time wouldn't start. I see no need.

I'd be careful with using that traveler, wouldn't want to get confused which can to drink out of.

PMEmail Poster
Bayliner
Posted: Sep 27, 2018 - 07:12 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 22

Am I the only one that noticed that Chevy parked that can of fuel right next to his fire bowl?

Coffee tables and ears are one thing but jeeeeezusss Chevy, you could take your head clean off with that mixture.

PMEmail Poster
deerhunter
Posted: Sep 28, 2018 - 03:53 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 10322

My "Truefuel" for my manual auger.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Newburg007
Posted: Sep 28, 2018 - 06:18 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 10129

Trufuel is on sale at TSC for $7 ($10 at CTC).

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Marketplace