Ľ Fishing Forum  Fishing Regulations  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Auger question, Can I convert my gas aug to a drill aug?
Knuguy
Posted: Today at 10:03 am

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 877

QUOTE (bassmasterrr @ Dec 04, 2021 - 07:05 am)
Why does everyone love the clam plate so much? To me itís a waste of money .. just use your drill and put the pistol grip or k drill right on the drill ? Been using my Milwaukee and pistol grip for a few years now no need for a clam conversion kit.

Different strokes for different folks. Some side handles are too flimsy to handle the stress---that is one reason. Better stance when drilling-----my Swede bore can skate on bare ice

PMEmail Poster
Jerkbaiter
Posted: Today at 11:55 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 12665

QUOTE (Knuguy @ Dec 04, 2021 - 10:03 am)
QUOTE (bassmasterrr @ Dec 04, 2021 - 07:05 am)
Why does everyone love the clam plate so much? To me itís a waste of money .. just use your drill and put the pistol grip or k drill right on the drill ? Been using my Milwaukee and pistol grip for a few years now no need for a clam conversion kit.

Different strokes for different folks. Some side handles are too flimsy to handle the stress---that is one reason. Better stance when drilling-----my Swede bore can skate on bare ice

Agree.

For me, Clam plate provides much better grip and auger control, reducing the risk of a wrist or arm injury. Convenience and safety.

PMEmail Poster
sabmgb
Posted: Today at 12:45 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 15901

im with jerkbait, I used to use my drill with just a conversion piece to adapt to auger. It was too dangerous for me, but each to their own.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!