» Fishing Forum  Fishing Regulations  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2 3   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Collingwood Launch & Parking
Newburg007
Posted: May 12, 2022 - 08:23 pm

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 10129

Wow! Déjà vu!
This sounds a lot like "non-residents", life-long Simcoe fishermen complaints.
And it seems to be a new norm of population pressure/affluence.
("Some local sign may look/read different, but it's the same!]

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
slyder
Posted: May 13, 2022 - 08:00 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 5721

really sad part is, they arent going to miss our money at all. Theyll be too busy counting all that new income, the parking lot will still fill up.

PMEmail Poster
sdcaller
Posted: May 13, 2022 - 09:34 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 67

Council in Collingwood is really "screwed-up"!

I had a response from a councilor today telling me The $10.00 launch&park fee still applied and as long as the was a boat trailer attached to my vehicle I was OK.

3 hours later, I get another e-mail apologizing that the first e-mail was incorrect and she had received the wrong explanation from "staff". The $50.00 maximum parking fee does apply.

They devise and pass legislation and then they cannot explain it properly!

I have a few ideas yet and I may be able to embarrass them in the "Press".

SDC

PMEmail Poster
Newburg007
Posted: May 15, 2022 - 07:11 am

Trophy Trout

QUOTE (sdcaller @ May 13, 2022 - 09:34 pm)
Council in Collingwood is really "screwed-up"!

I had a response from a councilor today telling me The $10.00 launch&park fee still applied and as long as the was a boat trailer attached to my vehicle I was OK.

3 hours later, I get another e-mail apologizing that the first e-mail was incorrect and she had received the wrong explanation from "staff". The $50.00 maximum parking fee does apply.

They devise and pass legislation and then they cannot explain it properly!

I have a few ideas yet and I may be able to embarrass them in the "Press".

SDC

Wow! Déjà vu! x2

This how Innisfil replied when I called about their changes to launching/parking at IBP.

First call received: It's both $25 to launch (not $10!) and $25 to park (no time consideration) = $50.

Second call received: "No. Launch $25 and included parking.

Third called received: Back to $50.

No fourth call.

Maybe it's at the point now that communities have gotten bold enough to admit that they don't really want visitors, just their wallets(?).

And that "special" wallet that your parents carried on holidays; the one that had money for ice cream treats, souvenirs, dinner out, etc. That wallet likely now get left at home when planning a fishing trip! Sad. That was a part of many fishing trips with family and friends.

PMEmail Poster
grampa
Posted: May 15, 2022 - 07:32 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 7317

maybe its time for these communities to stop wasting our tax dollars on studies ,committees , feasibility studies, paid to political supporters , and listen to what the people who actually vote them into office would like to see happen in their communities, not what a select few think is right.

PMEmail Poster
Fisherman
Posted: May 15, 2022 - 09:59 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 25

QUOTE (grampa @ May 15, 2022 - 08:32 am)
maybe its time for these communities to stop wasting our tax dollars on studies ,committees , feasibility studies, paid to political supporters , and listen to what the people who actually vote them into office would like to see happen in their communities, not what a select few think is right.

Bingo, you win for sure. Along with all the other waste things like a "new" sign in Barrie to increase tourism, how about rainbow crosswalks, do you get run over less there? Nothing but stupid stuff. Harvie Rd in Barrie, no access to the 400, what's the point.

PM
Chopper
Posted: May 15, 2022 - 08:39 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 19258

Assuming things do not change, does anyone else know of any other boat launches close to Collingwood? I am thinking Wasaga Beach, however the boat ride over in my 17 foot, 15 hp aluminum boat would take me about an hour to get to my favorite fishing spots off Collingwood. Thornbury is another 20 minutes down the highway, is the salmon fishing good there? Is there a launch there? Cost? Super frustrated.

PMEmail Poster
Fisherman
Posted: May 16, 2022 - 08:32 am

World Record Trout

Thornbury launch, Launch Ramp (Day Pass) $10.62
Parking, Parking is available for non-residents at the specified locations for $10.00 per hour up to a maximum of 4 hours. Parking passes for non-residents are currently not available. This webpage will be updated as additional information becomes available.
You have to get the app to pay, https://www.thebluemountains.ca/sites/defau...obile%20App.pdf

Please don't shoot the messenger.

PM
sdcaller
Posted: May 17, 2022 - 02:00 pm

World Record Trout

Sent more e-mails today. Acting Deputy Mayor at Collingwood requesting answers to 3 specific questions. I received an acknowledgement and when I get the response, I'll post it and the questions.

I also sent e-mails to my MP and MPP, asking if any Federal and Provincial funds were used to build and are being used to maintain the harbour facilities in Collingwood.

If general tax revenues have been used or are being used, why is the Town allowed to treat non-residents differently than residents?

SDC

PMEmail Poster
Newburg007
Posted: May 18, 2022 - 08:05 pm

Trophy Trout

"I also sent e-mails to my MP and MPP, asking if any Federal and Provincial funds were used to build and are being used to maintain the harbour facilities in Collingwood.

If general tax revenues have been used or are being used, why is the Town allowed to treat non-residents differently than residents?"

This is a rather large can of worms to open.

Are the roads/parks in Innifil, Oro, Ramara, etc. soly constructed/maintained ("funded") by the residents of each communtiy/township? No. It's the reason we pay taxes (povincial/federal) -- to somewhat share the wealth. My tax dollars go to help others, including those who post signs along roadways saying "Resident" parking only. ("You'd think using some of my tax dollars might kind'a make me a little bit of a 'resident'!")

This is not personal at all. (I remember SDCaller went to bat to promote Simcoe access for winter fishing in Oro, and on Georgian Bay when the province denied access at Craiglieth.)

It's a complex issue for sure.

PMEmail Poster
mylesmcdonough
Posted: May 25, 2022 - 03:44 pm

Fry

Member No.: 10475

Has anyone had any luck with trying to get them to change the 60$ a day rate? I've been going for years and buying a yearly pass every year now it went from 60 a year to 60 a day it's too bad. I definitely won't be spending a penny at any collingwood business anymore. I guess it's time to find new places to fish. I can't believe cities are allowed to do this. Innisfil now collingwood and I'm sure many more are doing or planning the same. Frustrating to say the least

PMEmail Poster
sdcaller
Posted: May 25, 2022 - 09:32 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (sdcaller @ May 17, 2022 - 02:00 pm)
Sent more e-mails today. Acting Deputy Mayor at Collingwood requesting answers to 3 specific questions. I received an acknowledgement and when I get the response, I'll post it and the questions.

I also sent e-mails to my MP and MPP, asking if any Federal and Provincial funds were used to build and are being used to maintain the harbour facilities in Collingwood.

If general tax revenues have been used or are being used, why is the Town allowed to treat non-residents differently than residents?

SDC

I had a response from the Town of Collingwood to my questions and got answers on 2 of them.

Charter boat operators have 2 parking spaces for their clients and vehicles with a handicap permit park for free.

My 3rd question was a 'loaded" one and they are thinking about their response. Depending on their answer, it may give us an opening.

SDC

PMEmail Poster
Fisherman
Posted: May 26, 2022 - 09:50 am

World Record Trout

Nice work Ralph, we appreciate it.

PM
SpeerZ
Posted: May 26, 2022 - 11:04 am

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 9870

Good Job. Thanks Ralph

PMEmail Poster
sdcaller
Posted: May 26, 2022 - 04:11 pm

World Record Trout

I also heard from my MP, even if Federal money goes into the Harbour, Collingwood can set their own rules.

To me, that is use my tax dollars you got and then screw me!

SDC

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

ICX Carbon Ice
Fishing Reel

WintePro Insulated
Fishing Gloves

Crampons Ice Cleats
for Winter Boots

Frabill Hub Shelter

Rapala Jigging
Rap Perch

Garmin STRIKER 4
Ice Fishing Bundle

Landworks Eco- Friendly Electric
Cordless Auger Power Head

CLAM 8073 Outdoor
Portable Fish Trap

CLAM Ice Fishing Shelter
Georgian Bay & Lake Huron
Fishing forum for Lake Huron & Georgian Bay. Fishing for walleye, muskie, bass, salmon, trout, crappie, perch and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Enjoy Lake Huron Outdoors!