Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Chemong Lake - drive vehicle out?
KRASHED
Posted: Feb 19, 2021 - 09:10 am

Smolt Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 16820

Looking to get out on chemong lake today Feb 19. I know people were driving out a week ago I'm just concerned about the amount of snow we have.

Hoping that someone here has been out in the last couple of days and if they can tell me if I can drive my truck out to horseshoe?

Thanks

PMEmail Poster
Kawarthajohn
Posted: Feb 19, 2021 - 10:50 am

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 18827

I was out by the cause way 12"clear ice 2"white and 3"of snow that was during the snow storm. There was a ram1500 out there by the shallow weed beds. I heard a big pressure crack when he first came out but nothing the remaining 3 hours. He was still there next to his hut when I left

PMEmail Poster
KRASHED
Posted: Feb 20, 2021 - 09:37 am

Smolt Trout

Thanks, went out and got stuck when I stopped at my fishing spot. Really nice guy pulled me out of my rut and we shot the crap for about 20 minutes.

Fishing was alright. Finally caught a crappie!

PMEmail Poster
Kawarthajohn
Posted: Feb 21, 2021 - 06:27 am

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 18827

I'm glad you made it out of your rut and got some crappie!. I went out yesterday (20th) and going again today. The crappie have been evading me this winter but I have seen some nice perch for chemong this year

PMEmail Poster
tjames
Posted: Feb 21, 2021 - 11:03 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 12662

QUOTE (KRASHED @ Feb 20, 2021 - 10:37 am)
Thanks, went out and got stuck when I stopped at my fishing spot. Really nice guy pulled me out of my rut and we shot the crap for about 20 minutes.

Fishing was alright. Finally caught a crappie!

I saw someone in a Infiniti out there the other day and looked like they were stuck, that you?

Quite a bit of snow on the lake right now for low vehicles. My ATV barely makes it.

PMEmail Poster
KRASHED
Posted: Feb 22, 2021 - 12:47 pm

Smolt Trout

I was in a Ford pickup. Just lost traction it was really strange. Had a shovel but the guy with the tow strap saved me a lot of work.

With the snow being added right now I'm going to go back to walking

PMEmail Poster
tjames
Posted: Feb 22, 2021 - 07:25 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 12662

QUOTE (KRASHED @ Feb 22, 2021 - 01:47 pm)
I was in a Ford pickup. Just lost traction it was really strange. Had a shovel but the guy with the tow strap saved me a lot of work.

With the snow being added right now I'm going to go back to walking

ya it rained today. the snow is very sticky and heavy. going to be ugly now.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!