Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Balsam lake provincial park
Huntress87
  Posted: Jan 02, 2020 - 06:16 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 12711

Been a while since I've posted but I'm planning on getting out on the ice this weekend.. now that I live in the kawartha area I'm looking to try some new spots.. noticed Balsam lake provincial park on a drive the other day and I was wondering if anyone knows if Balsam lake has ice fishing available..havent seen much info about this lake for ice fishing... I'm just planning on going for panfish as some of the other species in there are closed this time of year..
Any help is appreciated

This post has been edited by Huntress87 on Jan 02, 2020 - 06:17 pm

PMEmail Poster
rayray89
Posted: Jan 02, 2020 - 07:03 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 6253

Balsam does have ice fishing available but due to limited public access not many people are able to fish it . most public launches have alot of current flowing thru. Take some spoons and bigger minnows with you for Pike . basically only pike and panfish are open season . good luck !

PMEmail Poster
Huntress87
Posted: Jan 02, 2020 - 07:34 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 12711

Thanks, I'll check it out and see how the ice is, if it's good ill hopefully get into some decent panfish.

PMEmail Poster
Mjewell
Posted: Jan 02, 2020 - 08:05 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 10777

The park is closed during the winter months.

PMEmail Poster
mosus
Posted: Jan 18, 2020 - 12:08 pm

Fry

Member No.: 2720

I have seen a fish hut out on Balsam for the last 3 days so I am assuming there is enough ice to get out safely at that spot and with the cold weather I would guess most of the lake will be ok.

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Jan 18, 2020 - 12:24 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 156

QUOTE (mosus @ Jan 18, 2020 - 12:08 pm)
I have seen a fish hut out on Balsam for the last 3 days so I am assuming there is enough ice to get out safely at that spot and with the cold weather I would guess most of the lake will be ok.

I wouldn’t assume anything. Tread lightly and spud your way out. Good luck out there

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!