Ľ Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Late June Brook Trout, Elusive but can be found !!!
sparky302
Posted: Jun 23, 2018 - 02:41 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 4572

Got out this morning for a couple hours in the canoe landed 3 brook trout and had to keep all 3 as they were hooked deep this was the first time on this lake with the canoe and it did not take me long to pin point the location of the brook trout.[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbEpVytqu-4[/YOUTUBE]

Attached Image

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
FishingChef
Posted: Jun 23, 2018 - 03:38 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 15394

Thanks for the video and congrats on the brookies!!!

PMEmail Poster
Mr Meat
Posted: Jun 23, 2018 - 04:18 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 15336

Nice specks!

PMEmail Poster
7rubicon
Posted: Jun 23, 2018 - 04:18 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 574

Always enjoy your videos and reports. Thanks for posting

PMEmail Poster
zuperalexu
Posted: Jun 23, 2018 - 06:00 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 7874

Just perfect!

Beauty scenery, gorgeous looking fish, amazing fights!

That's why I absolutely love fishing,
Alex

PMEmail Poster
Seguin Fisher
Posted: Jun 23, 2018 - 06:21 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 9952

Now that looks like a fun trip

PMEmail Poster
Knuguy
Posted: Jun 23, 2018 - 06:35 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 877

Looks like you were out quite early what with the headlamp and all. In my experience, specks really prefer very early or very late as summer comes on. Sometimes in the evening they come very shallow and very close to shore. The conventional wisdom is that they go deep in summer. But, bearing in mind that food is scarce in the winter when the water is cold, they will tend to enter warm water to feed during the spring and summer---that's when they fatten up! I have seen them absolutely gorge on May flies.

My experience is with the smaller specks though. Maybe you can add your comments, Sparky. You seem to really now your specks!

PMEmail Poster
sparky302
Posted: Jun 23, 2018 - 07:32 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Knuguy @ Jun 23, 2018 - 06:35 pm)
Looks like you were out quite early what with the headlamp and all. In my experience, specks really prefer very early or very late as summer comes on. Sometimes in the evening they come very shallow and very close to shore. The conventional wisdom is that they go deep in summer. But, bearing in mind that food is scarce in the winter when the water is cold, they will tend to enter warm water to feed during the spring and summer---that's when they fatten up! I have seen them absolutely gorge on May flies.

My experience is with the smaller specks though. Maybe you can add your comments, Sparky. You seem to really now your specks!

I will start off by saying i arrived at the lake 8 am the device i am wearing on my head is a contour roam video recorder its like a go pro.
The specks in the lakes i fish bite all times of the day i have never found a set time that is better i always arrive around 8 am and fish most tines until 11 or 12.
The brook trout where i fish have moved off from where they were feeding in winter to deeper water around 15 to 17 feet of water.
But where i was fishing there is a big ledge that leads off to 100 feet of water the fish seem to sit right on the edge of that and dart in to feed i do a zig zag pattern with the canoe

Drew
Posted: Jun 23, 2018 - 08:45 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 8190

Nice job Sparky, good to see your still chasing the specks!

You say "there's no-one else out here, never seen anyone here"....I love that...being on those lakes, catching great Brookies...I always think to myself .."seriously, where is everyone?...does nobody understand how awesome this is???...what can they possibly be doing that's better than this???"

Then I think..."glad they're not here"

PMEmail Poster
Knuguy
Posted: Jun 23, 2018 - 09:33 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 877

Yeah, we saw all of 2 people on our 3 nite trip to lakes just N of P. Sound! what a country---how lucky to be Canadian!!

PMEmail Poster
bigdan27
Posted: Jun 24, 2018 - 12:08 am

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 16089

Sweet! I imagine late dusk would be a flying-circus of jumpers..

PMEmail Poster
sparky302
Posted: Jun 24, 2018 - 05:28 am

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Drew @ Jun 23, 2018 - 08:45 pm)
Nice job Sparky, good to see your still chasing the specks!

You say "there's no-one else out here, never seen anyone here"....I love that...being on those lakes, catching great Brookies...I always think to myself .."seriously, where is everyone?...does nobody understand how awesome this is???...what can they possibly be doing that's better than this???"

Then I think..."glad they're not here"

I never stop chasing brookies until Sept 30 i fish for them 95 % of the time .Winter i chase lakers more and once in awhile i chase pike in the 12 footer.

Ice
Posted: Jun 24, 2018 - 05:53 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 7713

Great video

PMEmail Poster
Fishnhunt
Posted: Jun 25, 2018 - 06:03 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 15869

Great report sparky! I agree with you and Drew about the solitude of speck fishing.Specks are my favourite fish also but maybe itís the country and lakes they live in that draws me there .Thanks for posting,tight lines.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Northern Lakes
Fishing forum for Northern Ontario, including Muskoka, Algonquin & Bancroft Area Lakes. Fishing for brook trout, lake trout, bass, walleye, pickerel, muskie, pike, crappie, perch, splake and more. Northern Ontario fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace