» Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2 3 4 > »»   ( Go to first unread post ) Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

> Dick move ?
Walleyesauce
Posted: Feb 09, 2019 - 08:24 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 15515

You should go check queenston launch on the Niagara if you think that's bad. Simcoe is one of the busiest ice fishing destinations in the world. And the parking is very limited. Sure, guy could have given you a little more room, but it's too late now. Life's too short to get worked up over little things. Did you have fun out on the ice? Did you lose or break anything? Things could be a lot worse than tight parking spots.

PMEmail Poster
fishbrain_jr
Posted: Feb 09, 2019 - 08:50 pm

Adult Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 5863

QUOTE (Walleyesauce @ Feb 09, 2019 - 08:24 pm)
You should go check queenston launch on the Niagara if you think that's bad. Simcoe is one of the busiest ice fishing destinations in the world. And the parking is very limited. Sure, guy could have given you a little more room, but it's too late now. Life's too short to get worked up over little things. Did you have fun out on the ice? Did you lose or break anything? Things could be a lot worse than tight parking spots.

Let's all welcome this new member!!

Bang on walleye sauce. Bang on!

With all the issues going on in this upside down worlda minor inconvenience like this is so minimal.

PMEmail Poster
rosscow
Posted: Feb 09, 2019 - 08:53 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 11112

QUOTE (Andrewj @ Feb 09, 2019 - 07:53 pm)
Oh yeah that would have been fine guess I should have taken a picture of the truck in front of us for you too

Guess you should not have parked so close to the truck in front of you. Quit crying and move your truck and load up. What it added 30 seconds to your load up? Suck it up princess

PMEmail Poster
rosscow
Posted: Feb 09, 2019 - 08:58 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 11112

QUOTE (Chevy @ Feb 09, 2019 - 08:02 pm)
QUOTE (rosscow @ Feb 09, 2019 - 07:48 pm)
He's parked behind you. It would have been quicker to pull your truck up 10 feet than it took for you to take this picture.

Seriously dude.... I'm pretty sure that wasn't the point. Maybe next time you get your prostrate checked they can enter your mouth

Than what is the point? That a guy or woman parked 5 feet to close? Who cares. Such a minor thing to cry about. You were out on the nicest lake in Ontario fishing. And you b#### cause you have to move your truck. I wish that was my biggest problem in my life.

PMEmail Poster
BlackCrowe13
Posted: Feb 09, 2019 - 09:03 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 9047

Although in a perfect world with parking open everywhere, I’d say “dick move”... with parking being so tight for people to access the lake, I’d say “non-dick move”, and please take no offence.

A worse “dick move” is 5 trucks with trailers taking up 5 extra car lengths spaced out. Reason I say this is when I see a guy with his kid pulling his sled walking .5 km to get to the lake, I do feel for him.

I am usually an early riser for the ice, so I get prime parking regardless, but still... knowing someone is going to have to walk 15-20 min on a half snow covered gravel road just to get to the ice, it sucks. Then you see 10 trucks with trailers spaced out filling up all the closest spaces to the lake.

Although I do not own an atv or sled yet, When I do, I will do my best to park a bit further away to give the walkers a few more chances to park closer. End of the day, what’s the extra 300m of trail that’s next to the road going to cost me to get to the lake? 30 seconds of casual throttle? I think this is just a walkers mentality, because I feel the pain, I would like to avoid passing it on to others when I get a ice vehicle.

Like I said, no offence to the OP... just he reality of tight parking areas surrounding the lake.

Good luck for those that are heading out tomorrow!

PMEmail Poster
Fishsniffer
Posted: Feb 09, 2019 - 09:12 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 1597

QUOTE (Disco @ Feb 09, 2019 - 08:06 pm)
I wouldn’t do that but parking has been so limited by the town ships this is going to happen more and more.

Solution is to pull out and then load up I guess. Not the best situation but ask the town ships why they are making it harder and harder for people to park.

Same idiots that park like this block drive ways , leave garbage , p### and crap by there trucks..... Total disrespect for the locals in the area . Usually 90 percent chance that most them work for the townships... there fore results of parking around the lake is getting worse and worse.

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Feb 09, 2019 - 09:12 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 156

So having a successful trip without breaking anything means a guy can't be p##### about some douce parking so far up his a$$ he can't fart. PLEASE! When you pull up on a trailer you have to realize he needs some room to load.

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Feb 09, 2019 - 09:16 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (BlackCrowe13 @ Feb 09, 2019 - 09:03 pm)
Although in a perfect world with parking open everywhere, I’d say “dick move”... with parking being so tight for people to access the lake, I’d say “non-dick move”, and please take no offence.

A worse “dick move” is 5 trucks with trailers taking up 5 extra car lengths spaced out. Reason I say this is when I see a guy with his kid pulling his sled walking .5 km to get to the lake, I do feel for him.

I am usually an early riser for the ice, so I get prime parking regardless, but still... knowing someone is going to have to walk 15-20 min on a half snow covered gravel road just to get to the ice, it sucks. Then you see 10 trucks with trailers spaced out filling up all the closest spaces to the lake.

Although I do not own an atv or sled yet, When I do, I will do my best to park a bit further away to give the walkers a few more chances to park closer. End of the day, what’s the extra 300m of trail that’s next to the road going to cost me to get to the lake? 30 seconds of casual throttle? I think this is just a walkers mentality, because I feel the pain, I would like to avoid passing it on to others when I get a ice vehicle.

Like I said, no offence to the OP... just he reality of tight parking areas surrounding the lake.

I hear what your saying but doesn't first come first served apply. The early bird catches the worm so to speak.

PMEmail Poster
Andrewj
Posted: Feb 09, 2019 - 09:26 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 7919

QUOTE (Chevy @ Feb 09, 2019 - 09:12 pm)
So having a successful trip without breaking anything means a guy can't be p##### about some douce parking so far up his a$$ he can't fart. PLEASE! When you pull up on a trailer you have to realize he needs some room to load.

Thanks Chevy I see someone’s got the same mind set lol

PMEmail Poster
fishfood
Posted: Feb 09, 2019 - 09:34 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 6517

Who parked in front ? Did you pull up to the guy in front of you? I always leave room in the front between vehicles when I park just for that reason I can still drive out.

If you parked just as close as the rear guy then no one should be at fault but you for not leaving room to get out.
Just a question not saying you did park behind the guy ahead of you.

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Feb 09, 2019 - 09:36 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Andrewj @ Feb 09, 2019 - 09:26 pm)
QUOTE (Chevy @ Feb 09, 2019 - 09:12 pm)
So having a successful trip without breaking anything means a guy can't be p##### about some douce parking so far up his a$$ he can't fart. PLEASE!  When you pull up on a trailer you have to realize he needs some room to load.

Thanks Chevy I see someone’s got the same mind set lol

Maybe I'm closed minded but I still agree with you. Some other members have some valid points but I'll stick with the fact that the guys a douce.

PMEmail Poster
Newburg007
Posted: Feb 09, 2019 - 09:41 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 10129

Remember. Overcrowding creates deviance in the maze!

I see both angles here. I watch trailers being hauled as close to the lake/access as possible and the owner then driving a few meters to the lake! (No one knows how far they're being driven on the lake, but who care when parking is limited.) Likewise, parking further away allows those walkers less distance to haul their equipment to the lake. A Canadian-thing (or, a non-"Trump" move?)
I also see some trailers being backed up to laneways so the machine can be unloaded/loaded in a space that can't be used for parking. Thoughtful for sure.

As an aside.... Talking to residence in Oro where parking was lost recently, it wasn't so much the crowding of laneways/intersections that created the animosity, rather the machines being started before daylight and run "forever" to warm up.....

Are we sometimes our own worst enemy? Somewhere in the mix/maze is the balance.

.......just from one "I-spend-to-much-one-fishing" to another! (Leafs 3 - 3 with Canadiens.... got to go!)

Tight lines all!

PMEmail Poster
DOM8TR
Posted: Feb 09, 2019 - 09:49 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 7680

I guess this agreement can go both ways. First hand, is there plenty of parking, which l guess there’s not, then l would not a dick . Second hand, if there was, then this person not thinking, and is a dick!

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Feb 09, 2019 - 09:51 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Newburg007 @ Feb 09, 2019 - 09:41 pm)
Remember. Overcrowding creates deviance in the maze!

I see both angles here. I watch trailers being hauled as close to the lake/access as possible and the owner then driving a few meters to the lake! (No one knows how far they're being driven on the lake, but who care when parking is limited.) Likewise, parking further away allows those walkers less distance to haul their equipment to the lake. A Canadian-thing (or, a non-"Trump" move?)
I also see some trailers being backed up to laneways so the machine can be unloaded/loaded in a space that can't be used for parking. Thoughtful for sure.

As an aside.... Talking to residence in Oro where parking was lost recently, it wasn't so much the crowding of laneways/intersections that created the animosity, rather the machines being started before daylight and run "forever" to warm up.....

Are we sometimes our own worst enemy? Somewhere in the mix/maze is the balance.

.......just from one "I-spend-to-much-one-fishing" to another! (Leafs 3 - 3 with Canadiens.... got to go!)

Tight lines all!

Well put........ Leafs prevail in OT

PMEmail Poster
Fisherman
Posted: Feb 09, 2019 - 10:04 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 25

QUOTE (BlackCrowe13 @ Feb 09, 2019 - 09:03 pm)

Man I have a bunch of teeth marks on my tongue after reading the whole thread, but, this has to be the most reasonable explanation/answer. It seems like there is a whole crew of people that believe they are entitled to extra space to unload/load without being inconvenienced. Seriously, you should be so happy more of the roads aren't marked with No parking signs. If I had a sled/atv to make transport faster to the fishing zone, I'd park a little further away, dragging a loaded hut/sled by hand can be taxing. Now if he boxed you in so you couldn't move your truck/trailer, I'd support the complainer and probably drop a steaming coil right into his heater intake vent. Lets all count to ten, take a breath and eat another slice of pizza.

PM

Topic Options Pages: 1 2 3 4 > »»  Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace