Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Duclos Point?
Willywilly33
Posted: Feb 10, 2019 - 10:41 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 12941

Hi everyone, im heading to Dulcos Point in the am tomorrow with the wife. I rented a cottage there and was looking for any advice for perch fishing? Please and thank you in advance for any information i really appreciate it.

PMEmail Poster
Willywilly33
Posted: Feb 11, 2019 - 12:30 am

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 12941

Im just wanting a little bit of info not exact spots lol. I hope someone can help.

PMEmail Poster
Smilee
Posted: Feb 11, 2019 - 06:05 am

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 11276

Perch fishing between Georgina Is. and Virgina beach has always been decent. You'll see lots of huts in the area ,but you may have to move around and away from crowds to find active biting schools. Hope this helps....Good luck!!🙂

PMEmail Poster
Whynot
Posted: Feb 11, 2019 - 11:48 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 12921

Duclos is a fairly pronounced point, so intuitively there is structuring continuing out into the water. You'll probably see some huts on it, southern huts likely on the structure, the more northerly ones toward the flats.

East of the point is a big flat basin. Guess a depth and start hunting. Was out the prior weekend and there's a pressure crack running from the point easterly.

good luck

PMEmail Poster
warrensto
Posted: Feb 12, 2019 - 10:26 am

Fry

Member No.: 8151

start walking out and drilling holes, there is a drop-off, sometimes the perch are on the edge and sometimes they are out deeper on the flat. I usually start in 20 FOW and work my way off the shelf to approx. 40, I have done good for perch and whitefish in the past.

PMEmail Poster
Simcoeslayer
Posted: Feb 12, 2019 - 03:38 pm

Fry

Member No.: 14837

We fished Virgina Beach this past weekend. Another epic dink fest. We moved 20 different times. Only 12 keepers between the 2 of us. Definitely stayed too long hunting in water under 15 fow.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace