Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Aqua view opinions
kev_7680
Posted: Feb 11, 2019 - 05:08 pm

Parr Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 16311

Ok still looking for my first white fish . I have ordered my new fish finder but probably wonít arrive in time for my next trip on Sunday. I have a aqua view camera and I was thinking of dropping it down a bit away from my hole and use it to mark incoming fish until my finder arrives or will it just spook them and make it even harder to catch my first one? Thanks for looking...Kevin G

PMEmail Poster
jam1324
Posted: Feb 11, 2019 - 05:52 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 16371

I have never seen fish scared by the Aqua view but I have seen them interested in it. YMMV

PMEmail Poster
thrillhouse
Posted: Feb 11, 2019 - 05:52 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 3420

Well if you haven't caught any whitefish yet it can't make the situation worse. Go for it. I plan on doing the same next weekend when I go out. I've heard some people say it scares them off, but also seen footage recoded by these devices catching whities and Lakers, in Simcoe. Sure helped me perch fishing the other day.

PMEmail Poster
basshunter720
Posted: Feb 11, 2019 - 08:16 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 12553

In my opinion the fish donít seem bothered by the camera at all I either set up the camera 10 feet away from my hut on a 45į bottom view or Iíll set it up inside the hut on a direct bottom view.I usually set up at the 10í Mark. I can see bottom from that distance even if Iím fishing around the 40í Mark. Iíve even had times where the fish swim directly underneath the camera or very close to it to inspect it both whitefish and lake trout.

Cheers.

PMEmail Poster
kev_7680
Posted: Feb 11, 2019 - 08:20 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 16311

Ok I will give it a try this weekend....thanks again

PMEmail Poster
backwoodsmanbob
Posted: Feb 11, 2019 - 09:15 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 98

I have a couple of videos on u tube of whities taken with my Aquaview DT a few years ago.

PMEmail Poster
porkpie
Posted: Feb 12, 2019 - 10:25 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 4287

I would run it! Nothing like advanced warning!! From my limited experience with a camera this season, fish donít seem bothered by it at all.

PMEmail Poster
Lanternman75
Posted: Feb 12, 2019 - 11:03 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 11376

When fishing for whites I basically just use my aqua view to see what the bottom is like on that day, if its silty I know not to use a heavy jig and avoid hard bottom bouncing to reduce the dust clouds, if pebble bottom and not silty I use a heavier meegz and tab it aggressively to call in fish. The camera I find is a bit distracting for me and I will miss bites staring at the screen. I have even thought myself to stop looking at the sonar once I mark a fish, I lightly bounce the jig and stare at my rod tip pretty intensely, if I see the tip go numb or if the rod tip goes unloaded I set the hook, this process has worked great for me and I think most angers should give it a try

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace