» Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: «« < 3 4 5   ( Go to first unread post ) Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

> Dick move ?
porkpie
Posted: Feb 10, 2019 - 05:54 pm

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 4287

I have had this happen to me many times. The solution for me has always been to pull out, then load my rig. Never take photo and put on fishing board. But hey, to each their own. For me life is too short!

PMEmail Poster
LiveBates
Posted: Feb 10, 2019 - 08:50 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 7271

Looks as though the road is wide open in the reflection on the bumper. Lol. I just wish I had a trailer.......

PMEmail Poster
RAM3500
Posted: Feb 10, 2019 - 09:15 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 11509

QUOTE (porkpie @ Feb 10, 2019 - 05:54 pm)
I have had this happen to me many times. The solution for me has always been to pull out, then load my rig. Never take photo and put on fishing board. But hey, to each their own. For me life is too short!

I agree.

PMEmail Poster
Grumpyman
Posted: Feb 10, 2019 - 09:18 pm

Fry

Member No.: 13675

If this guy bothered you so much did you leave your name and number on his truck asking he call you or did you go on the Internet blindly bad mouthing him or her.

Who’s the dick / douche ?

Btw as many said earlier if you parked close enough to someone in front of you it was an issue for you to get out did you not do the same thing ??

PMEmail Poster
BlackCrowe13
Posted: Feb 10, 2019 - 09:34 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 9047

QUOTE (thanh @ Feb 10, 2019 - 04:19 pm)
I don't see what the big fuss is about. Vehicle and trailer not blocked in and was still able to load and go home with just an extra minute of time that had to be taken. no biggie.

When I use to haul a trailer for the ATV, I would park in the last spot on the road with the trailer end at the "no Parking" sign right at my trailer tale gate. Always left the closer spots for walkers and avoided people blocking me in. It's that Simple.

Its a nice gesture for those that are fortunate enough to have a machine to leave the closer parking spots for the ones pulling their gear with their legs.

Love to hear this! I thought I was “special” for thinking I’d leave the closer spots for walkers. Nice to see some guys with machines are saving me some work.

I went out on Saturday, and omg, the walk with snow covering super slick ice was torture... even with spikes.

Phew!!!

PMEmail Poster
basshunter720
Posted: Feb 11, 2019 - 11:24 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 12553

I'm just going to start by saying this is another case of is the glass half full or half empty?

Growing up in the city myself, we get inconvenienced by people everyday. People who cant park. People taking handicap parking spaces with out having too. People who double park in spaces taking up extra room. Guys like me head out on the ice to get away from all that hustle n bustle. Parking in or around the ice is my last concern at that point.

I'm a walker so I make it a routine to be first one on the road parking. I sure as hell would do the same if I was towing sleds. Early bird gets the work right?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't it be easier to just pull your truck out and easily load the sleds onto the trailer on the open road rather than on the shoulder that everyone else is trying to park on?! So in the end its all opinion and whats the real dick move at that point?

I tow an 18' fishing boat. I've been shafted. Tight spots. Dealt with unpleasant people and I always tell myself. F### IT! I'm fishing!! Ill figure it out, not worth me getting upset!!

We're lucky, never mind healthy enough to be on the water doing what we love to do and you guys are on here b####ing about parking spots. Directed to a guy who might not even see the post.

Come on guys, lets keep this crap positive. Stop all this non-sense, threats, the "Well I would've done this and this " comments.

In my opinion, these kid of posts should just be taken down all together. Keep whats important, hows the fishing, wheres the fishing and what are they biting.

Cheers.

PMEmail Poster
xiaolu
Posted: Feb 11, 2019 - 01:34 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 50

I say if and only if:

1. OP's truck with trailer did NOT park too close to the vehicle in front (that is, the vehicle in front of the truck parked later than the truck, or backed off getting too close to the front of the truck AFTER the truck already parked), AND

2. The vehicle parked behind the truck is too closed to the truck

such that the truck simply can not (there is simply no way to) pull out and load.

THEN sure call the one behind or in front of the truck (whoever parked LATER) a DICK.

OR else, move on. As too many others already replied "Life is too short".

:-)

PMEmail PosterYahoo
HardlyCore
Posted: Feb 11, 2019 - 02:08 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 8169

Crazy to me this post went on so far (& I'll help it along!)

No issue parking like that. A bigger dick move would be not leaving enough room to maneuver the trailer out. An even bigger dick move would be leaving a huge gap so as to take up another spot that now can't be parked in. I get it, it was mentioned that there was a lot of space to park but who knows how long that would last. I laugh when crap like this upsets people. Just move the damn truck and trailer out. And if you have sleds, why do you need to park so close?

PMEmail Poster
Jumboslayer
Posted: Feb 11, 2019 - 02:19 pm

Unregistered

IMO the only “dick move” here was this OP being a dick and posting this on the internet. If you had such a problem you should have been a man and either left a note with your name & # or waited around until the individual came back and explained your issues face to face. But instead you turn to social media like so many do now a days bc you don’t have the balls to say what you wanna say to someone’s face and with out social media you would have found a solution and moved on yourself that day !! So in the end I’d say your the dick that made the dick move here !!

P.S.....I also own machines & if I was to pull in behind you I’d park as close as this individual bc I don’t see the need to have half a dozen trucks and trailers take up 12 or more parking spaces bc the general public “can’t” or “shouldn’t” park close to them so they can load machines at the end of the day. If you can’t pull your truck and trailer out onto the road and load then apply for a handicap sticker and park there and stop your whining !!

Lookinforeyes
Posted: Feb 11, 2019 - 02:40 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 14252

Love these topics, why... because it creates a sense of awareness to those who haven’t been in the scenario... plenty of valid points and a few poor attitudes...not going to chime in my 2 cents because its clear not all the facts are available. I can agree with the original complaint of ignorance at the ramps/lots. I participate in the sports/hobbies /activities because I find peace and tranquility when I get close to nature and away from daily grind. That’s my hope from these types of posts that we all become a bit more educated on etiquette and bring back the common courtesy. A little patience will take you a long way!! I too am one to get worked up but learning to pick and choose my battles a little more carefully, life’s too short folks ✌️

PMEmail Poster
BlackCrowe13
Posted: Feb 11, 2019 - 02:43 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 9047

Lol, this thread it a good one... for entertainment purposes! 😂

PMEmail Poster
xiaolu
Posted: Feb 11, 2019 - 02:56 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (BlackCrowe13 @ Feb 11, 2019 - 02:43 pm)
Lol, this thread it a good one... for entertainment purposes! 😂

When we ALL should have been out fishin' on ice!:-)

PMEmail PosterYahoo
Knuguy
Posted: Feb 11, 2019 - 03:18 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 877

QUOTE (basshunter720 @ Feb 11, 2019 - 12:24 pm)
I'm just going to start by saying this is another case of is the glass half full or half empty?

Growing up in the city myself, we get inconvenienced by people everyday. People who cant park. People taking handicap parking spaces with out having too. People who double park in spaces taking up extra room. Guys like me head out on the ice to get away from all that hustle n bustle. Parking in or around the ice is my last concern at that point.

I'm a walker so I make it a routine to be first one on the road parking. I sure as hell would do the same if I was towing sleds. Early bird gets the work right?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't it be easier to just pull your truck out and easily load the sleds onto the trailer on the open road rather than on the shoulder that everyone else is trying to park on?! So in the end its all opinion and whats the real dick move at that point?

I tow an 18' fishing boat. I've been shafted. Tight spots. Dealt with unpleasant people and I always tell myself. F### IT! I'm fishing!! Ill figure it out, not worth me getting upset!!

We're lucky, never mind healthy enough to be on the water doing what we love to do and you guys are on here b####ing about parking spots. Directed to a guy who might not even see the post.

Come on guys, lets keep this crap positive. Stop all this non-sense, threats, the "Well I would've done this and this " comments.

In my opinion, these kid of posts should just be taken down all together. Keep whats important, hows the fishing, wheres the fishing and what are they biting.

Cheers.

Amen to all of that!!

Earlier on I asked a rhetorical question---"what's the purpose of this post'. And the answer is either (1) to stir the pot or (2) to provide free entertainment. I prefer to believe (2) but I'd really like to see it blown away. It creates ill will on an otherwise friendly and helpful board.

PMEmail Poster
Fishin fan
Posted: Feb 11, 2019 - 03:24 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 6321

Fishing must be real slow right now. Lol. All these posts about a parking job. But only 17 on what food for the meet and greet! Cmon people, I want pulled pork. Get your votes in.

Dave.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: «« < 3 4 5  Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace